Need help with how to make a sign - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-14-2009, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,

I struggle every year with what to get my dad. I had a great thought to have the kids make a sign saying 'Papa's Office' - he's setting up a new office in his house. My question - how do I do this? I want the kids to be involved (ages 8,6 and 4). I do not have great writing for the papa's office part. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Kerrie Mama to DD 10 yo, DS 8 yo and DD 5  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM

if this is an office where he'll see clients, i would think about making something else for use within the office but not the first main thing people see at the door. if he won't be seeing clients there, then ignore that!

can you do cross-stitch / embroidery? have the kids draw on the fabric, and you stitch over it. find a simple font and print out the words (and trace and stitch over that) so you don't have to worry about your handwriting.

if you can't do that and you were just thinking about doing this on paper, maybe you can print out the sign on heavy paper and have the kids watercolor paint on it.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Could you have them paint or draw on card stock, and then print the words on it and frame it?

Or maybe do it all digitally? You could scan artwork in and design it on your computer?

I like the idea of having the kids draw on fabric and embroidering over it. You could even use iron on letters if you wanted.

You could have them make it out of some kind of clay or model magic and make it more of a sculpture.

You can buy bare wooden letters and a wood base at a hobby store. You can have the kids paint it and make it.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 PM

How about having the kids decorate some mats (for framing) and then you can frame a photo of each one of them matted with their own artwork?

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side

User Tag List