52 Project Challenge? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 635 Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have just been assigned to make 'crafty letters' for the LAUNDRY room... i will be working on that next week. Thank goodness I kept my Joann's Q's ... I'm thinking just the letters and some nice/cute scrapbook paper and possibly 'laundry' type stickers??

This should be a one day project

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#302 of 635 Old 03-13-2010, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MissRubyand Ken - Congrats on the new house! Enjoy Spring Break!!!

As for my crafting, I finished the tutus in time for the auction! I even had time to make matching bows!!

Still haven't done my button holes. What is it about button holes that I hate so much? I could finish 4 projects by just adding button holes, and yet... I refuse to do it.

That is going to be my only goal next week. Button holes.

3/52
#303 of 635 Old 03-13-2010, 04:55 PM

good luck with the move, missRuby!
I have been patchworking; i finished with that part of the new baby's quilt for the shower, pinks, greens, and red crazy patches with ladybug trim...i need to do a bit more embellishing (fussycut ladybugs to applique), add borders and quilt- and bind- by tommorrow afternoon.
But I finished a couple of little items, a drawstring/backpack bag for seeds...i needed it because another project is the garden, and we finished fencing one of the beds and i planted yesterday and today. I also used leftover ladybug woven ribbon from that baby's quilt and made myself a key fob using this tutorial: http://buttercuppity.blogspot.com/20...html...because i got frustrated with my machine for a minute there and my keychain broke last week.
Anyway, tommorrow i will have finished that quilt and then i have to take a pause and clean the heck out of my messy messy sewing room.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Mama to 3 boys 

#304 of 635 Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
um. i finished a hat this weekend. that was project number 4. i'm feeling quite loserly.
Just keep going, you can do it

My total is now: 1/52

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#305 of 635 Old 03-13-2010, 11:56 PM

I am done with the baby blanket for my coworker

The first project completed since having the first of two carpal tunnel surgeries on April 1st 2009

Tomorrow I begin my new project. A hose cover for my BiPap machine I have never crocheted anything for myself before. I am getting a lot of rainout on my machine and hose covers are so expensive. So I am going to try to make one myself

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#306 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 AM

WTG bunny.... congrats on completion of your first project and you deserve to make something for yourself...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#307 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
WTG bunny.... congrats on completion of your first project and you deserve to make something for yourself...
I never have before I am making mine first, then I will make one for my Dad's machine too Then it is time to start making blankets for the teenagers at the Children's Hospital

#308 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM

Yay Ladies! I have been farm busy lately- so no time for crafting.... Oh wait I finished my sisters lace scarf! I will count it after I block it.

Am I the only one who loves to craft for myself? Who better to deserve hand made?

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#309 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
Yay Ladies! I have been farm busy lately- so no time for crafting.... Oh wait I finished my sisters lace scarf! I will count it after I block it.

Am I the only one who loves to craft for myself? Who better to deserve hand made?
I don't know why I have never made anything for myself. I have always wanted to, though!

I finished the blanket just in time, the baby came this morning

#310 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM

yay for a new baby!

i finished the quilt for a baby girl shower. i liked it alot, have never patchworked in pink and green and red- it reminded me of strawberry shortcake and i guess the little girl in me really liked it. I also finished a dolly for the baby, too. But I was pressed for time, so the doll is dressed awfully simply. Instead of making panties trimmed inlace like i usually do, i just cut a piece of white felt and sewed on a diaper and then for her dress i just cut a ladybug patterned onesie and i didnt even have time to hem it. oh well. she was cute and i finally have figured out how to make eyes neatly using the machine to embroider over felt. Also liked how her wig turned out, i used hot pink fleece and cut thin strips which i braided and then sewed the braids on and together. I usually use yarn, but thinking for a baby this will be better.

i thought i was going to be without any deadlines and planned to clean clean clean my sewing room tonight and tomorrow but we just got a call for a little girl's birthday party tommorrow- her dad forgot to let us know earlier. So I have to think of what I can make quickly for a 7 year old girl that does not like dolls or jewelry or girly stuff. I have a new package of colored pencils i bought to make a pencil roll for ds for his easter basket. Thats the best thing i can think of right now, a colored pencil roll and handmade journal, which is most likely exactly what i will go with. Then i will replace the pencils for ds with Erasable colored pencils which my sister just called to tell me are at Target. so i will make that tonight and hopefully still get my sewing room cleaned tommorrow. I want to make summer tops for me and finish the ABC book i started at christmastime for the baby and didnt finish. His bday is April1 and I want to get it done by then, as well as maybe some felt food and a teepee for him.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Mama to 3 boys 

#311 of 635 Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM

The quilt sounds nice, ms.shell I always wanted to learn, but my Grandma went blind before she was able to teach me. No one else in my family knows how.

#312 of 635 Old 03-15-2010, 01:03 AM

I have decided to check in with this thread daily to keep myself on track. I am halfway done with my hose cover I picked a rainbow colored yarn because my bedspread is in very vivid colors. I am excited to work on it some more tomorrow

#313 of 635 Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

It's the end of Week 11!

My tally is:

35/52
-- I finished the red skirt for myself, and also a blue shirtdress that I'd also cut out for myself years ago. It turned out quite well! I'm not sure what I'll sew this week .... I'd like to get some clothes for the girls made before we leave for our two-week trip, but I'm not sure how much time I have to sew this week - we have quite a bit on our schedule. I need to sit down and prioritize.

Congratulations to Doubledutch and to Bunnyflakes too. The first attacks on the to-do pile are the most daunting I think.

And congratulations to everyone else for their hard work, too! People have been so busy and productive!

Good luck with the move, MissRubyandKen! I suspect you'll be getting quite a bit of decluttering done in the next few weeks, even if you're not doing much crafting.

Not all who wander are lost.
#314 of 635 Old 03-15-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
The quilt sounds nice, ms.shell I always wanted to learn, but my Grandma went blind before she was able to teach me. No one else in my family knows how.
No one taught me; there are lots and lots of books on quilting and almost every one has sections with basics. I am actually not much good at the actual quilting and always keep that part as simple as possible; it's the patchworking part that I love. Get yourself a rotary cutter and mat and mess around; you will be surprised how much fun it is!

I made a colored pencil roll this morning for a birthday present. It was cool because I found a piece of fabric almost exactly the right size for the back that had that little girl's name written all over it. I have had that piece of fabric for at least a year and look at it all the time with no clue what to do with it...it was waiting to be the back of Sahara's pencil roll, apparently. I did not have time to make a sketchbook/journal to go with it, but i was happy with the pencil roll. And she told ds that she had lost her colored pencils and has been wanting some, so i made the right thing

NOW i can clean my sewing room.

Mama to 3 boys 

#315 of 635 Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM

A stomach bug has derailed my crocheting I did about half an hour of work yesterday and I have been ill since. So nothing of note to report.

#316 of 635 Old 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM

I did about 15 mins of x-stitch last night then had to take ds to urgent care - asthma, hopefully today will be better.

#317 of 635 Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM

oh, no! hope you feel better soon, bunnyflakes, and also zebra15's ds feel better soon!

Mama to 3 boys 

#318 of 635 Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I did about 15 mins of x-stitch last night then had to take ds to urgent care - asthma, hopefully today will be better.
I hope he is better

and thanks mrs. shell! I just managed to keep down some saltines so hopefully I am over the worst of it.

#319 of 635 Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 AM

Bunnyflakes, hope you are feeling better! And zebra15, hope your little guy had a better day today.

Still no button holes....
#320 of 635 Old 03-18-2010, 02:34 AM

DD & I finally finished her science fair project today. DH helped her with the experiment and I helped her with the display board. She said I get credit on this project challenge!

16 projects completed now! And we used all existing items we already owned, except the water bottles had to be purchased since we only use reusable bottles with our own reverse osmosis water. Cannot see through those and that is critical for the experiment.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#321 of 635 Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 AM

I have not done diddly-squat for days....and I'm ok with that LOL
DS starts a saturday program in a week that will give me 3 solid hours of crafting time so there is alot of crocheting to be done.

I need to get the letter done for the L A U N D R Y room and hung up this weekend.

#322 of 635 Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 PM

Forgive me crafting friends, but I just haven't felt good for days. I have been slacking. I am hoping to feel up to crocheting tomorrow!

I do have a wonderful update on the baby blanket!

The parents loved it! However, the baby's Grandfather loved it so much that he said it was too nice to let the baby use He wanted to hang it on the wall and just use it for display! He got outvoted though because the baby's Aunt just texted me a picture of the baby all snuggled up asleep with my blankie It makes me so happy to see the blanket being used and what a wonderful compliment that the Grandpa thought it was "too nice" Not bad for my first project post surgery!

#323 of 635 Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
DD & I finally finished her science fair project today. DH helped her with the experiment and I helped her with the display board. She said I get credit on this project challenge!

16 projects completed now! And we used all existing items we already owned, except the water bottles had to be purchased since we only use reusable bottles with our own reverse osmosis water. Cannot see through those and that is critical for the experiment.
That is awesome!

#324 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Forgive me crafting friends, but I just haven't felt good for days. I have been slacking. I am hoping to feel up to crocheting tomorrow!

I do have a wonderful update on the baby blanket!

The parents loved it! However, the baby's Grandfather loved it so much that he said it was too nice to let the baby use He wanted to hang it on the wall and just use it for display! He got outvoted though because the baby's Aunt just texted me a picture of the baby all snuggled up asleep with my blankie It makes me so happy to see the blanket being used and what a wonderful compliment that the Grandpa thought it was "too nice" Not bad for my first project post surgery!
I can relate to not feeling well, bunnyflakes. This week has been rough (health-wise and parenting-wise) for me, too.

I love reading stories like yours! Isn't sooo rewarding to know people value handmade items???? I bet that picture warmed your heart and made you feel GOOD!

Thanks, also, for the compliments! DD was rather nervous about her first science fair project and ended up being rather proud of it, which is nice for us parents to see. We always love going to the science fair and this year was particularly fun since her work was displayed.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#325 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 AM

I think I'm slipping back into that dark place called depression...I've been fighting it silently for months... I'm fighting hard... and I'm hoping that some crafting will help...

#326 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Zebra15! I hope the crafting helps.

I think I'm done with sewing for a few weeks - we're taking off on our two-week trip on Tuesday, and have a lot to do between now and then. Won't get anything done while gone, either, alas!

However, I did get two projects done this week, so when the week is over, my tally will be at: 33/52 -- I sewed another Redondo skirt and recycled a tshirt from me to dd1 (it turned out well - almost identical to her little sister's favorite tshirt, just a different color).

Not all who wander are lost.
#327 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I think I'm slipping back into that dark place called depression...I've been fighting it silently for months... I'm fighting hard... and I'm hoping that some crafting will help...
I am sorry I battle with depression as well. Lately being outdoors in the sunshine has helped me a lot.

#328 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 AM

Well I hope this coming week is much better for all of us! We were spoiled with 2 beautiful days to play outside and pickup sticks and clean the garage- and then yesterday it snowed and we were just plain disgusted. I have been knitting- I almost have the back of my second central park hoodie done and I am about 7 repeats into a swallowtail shawl. But I have been updating my rav account- I think once that is done I might count that as a project- it is about 2 years worth of project details...

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#329 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 PM

that was awesome feedback on the baby blanket, bunnyflakes
hope everyone is feeling much better by now; zebra, especially. Crafting does help me, and i think that is kinda why i am kinda obsessive about it, because i find my zen this way and if i am not, then i too can get into that dark funk. And I agree with bunnyflakes, that Springtime and Sunshine is good medicine. Feel better soon!

I forgot we had a birthday party at noon today until late late last night, so i was up early making another colored pencil roll. I made it in under an hour, thanks to my new magical serger I used rainbow thread to serge the edges instead of using binding.

I cant even say how many little things i made between thursday night, when dp surprised me with it, and last night when i went to bed. i was so worried about learning to use it, but i started making stuff immediately lots of 2 layer tshirt handkerchiefs; shorts from big t shirts for me, both boys, and dp; coasters....im trying to think what else right now and cant but i know i made several other little things in practicing with it.... i love the serger, lol, having lots of fun. i told dp i couldnt wait to get home from the party and go back in the sewing room, and he lovingly (lol) pointed out that i need to clean the floors and give some attention to my house before i go back in the sewing room- and its a mess too again. i cleaned it all thursday (we had a funeral ALL DAY wednesday) anyway i wasnt completely done when dp sent me to get the serger...and then of course i started playing with it immediately and then i made rainbow patchwork this morning in a hurry....so its a BIG mess in there now!
But i gotta go clean all my floors before i even go in there....

Mama to 3 boys 

#330 of 635 Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Here is the picture of the blanket. I finally uploaded it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000880402818

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page