52 Project Challenge? - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#631 of 635 Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

zebra would small nails and fish line hung across them work? Thats how my grandma use to hang the pictures she had that didn't have backs to them. Two small nails (or the small loop things you can get) with fish line tied across. Said she never had a problem with them breaking or falling that way either.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#632 of 635 Old 12-29-2010, 02:21 PM

I went through and brainstormed different things I would like to work on/accomplish next year and came up with oh around 150 different projects. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN but it gives me some ideas. The ones I know Ill be doing next month:

DD1s birthday dress

DD1s birthday skirt (we are actually doing a party for her so I told her Id make her a skirt to wear to it) and shirt

DD1's hairtie organizer and purse for her birthday

finishing up the projects for the baby

finishing up knitting Dad's scarf/hat ive been working on. I am the worlds slowest knitter, I really am

Knitting booties and a hat to go with the baby's coming home outfit. Need to decide on the outfit first.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#633 of 635 Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM

I am in. I may not be able to finish 1 a week but I can try. I have a heavy school schedule so I spend a lot of time with homework and such. I think I could manage maybe 1 every other week. Although on my breaks, I can surely accomplish the weekly goal. I have been planning on starting my Etsy store and this is just the motivation I need. Good thing I have 3 more weeks till school starts again.

Week 1: Finish DS1 blanket

Week 2: Piece together DS7 quilt

Week 3: Finish DS7 quilt

Week 4: Make comp. notebooks for school notes

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#634 of 635 Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Should we start a new thread (this one is getting really long)? 

I think I finished about 10 projects short of 52 this year.  I'm looking forward, as many of you mention, to starting fresh with a new list and getting things done in 2011!! 

And today I bought fabric to make two lap quilts for the girls for when we travel -- I hope to get those made during our remaining 'break' this week.....

I'll start the new thread and post a link here so we can start fresh?? 

Here is the link to the new thread!!!!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1288106/52-project-challenge-2011

Not all who wander are lost.
#635 of 635 Old 12-31-2010, 02:50 PM

I went back and realized I had not counted all my scrapbook pages in my regular album (compared to the mini album). I more than completed the challenge for 2010. thumb.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page