Newbie: Can I "remake" some old Kushies? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-09-2010, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, so I'll start off by saying that I have never made a diaper, never sewn anything other than some doll clothes several years ago, but one of my current goals is to learn how. My MIL is also quite a good seamstress, so I'll be leaning on her for help.

That said- I picked up yesterday what I thought was going to be a great deal- 10 gently used kushies diapers plus two rolls of the disposable liners, for $20. Kushies aren't my first choice, but still, score!

However I got them home and realized that people's interpretations of 'gently used' vary widely. These are still intact, albeit stained on the inside, but the outside are quite ugly, stiff and worn. And on the kushies it's a vinyl plastic, not very comfortable.

I intended the diapers just to be backups, extra stash, but now I'm wondering if I could mend them into something nicer myself. I suppose what I'm thinking in my head is cutting them, removing the outer layer, and putting back on a layer of polar fleece of the like (and I guess then I'd have to add PUL).

Is this even possible? Or would just putting a layer overtop be better? I'm not sure how to work around the leg seams if I were to just double up the fabric. Any thoughts and I would be sooo greatful!

Doula mama. Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 + Eli Lucas born unassisted ! 06/02/2014 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page