List your Fave books here - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-27-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Ladies,
Is there a book you go to all the time? A book you were hoping to buy but wanted to make sure it was worth the money?
Let's share our book recs.

I just got Stitch and *itch. I looked at it at my LYS one week and then it was gone, so I ordered it.

Can't wait till the kids nap so I can look through it.

Any favorite patterns from this book?

I have the One Skein Wonder book and have made a few things from it.

Ok dish.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#2 of 5 Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd

Hat Heads by Trond (forgot his last name)

Favorite Socks, Interweave Press

I need to look at Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman again. I'd only been knitting a month when I got it from the library and it was way over my head.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#3 of 5 Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Not so sexy but The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques is awesome! I refer to it all the time.
#4 of 5 Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM

My faves might not be what you're looking for, because I'm coming at books from a designing perspective, not really looking for good patterns to knit. The books that pretty much never leave my bedside and/or studio table are the Walker Treasuries (particularly the 2nd and 3rd) Maggi Rhigetti's Sweater Design in Plain English, the cables Stitchionary, and japanese aran stitch book (http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/Ja..._Patterns.html) There's tons of other great japanese stitch and patternbooks at that site. I've got a few Keito Dama mags that I love, too. Oh, and Knitting in the Old Way! I recommend the Ann Budd "handy" books to knitters all the time, too - they're great for knitters who maybe want to dabble with their own ideas, but aren't ready or willing to do the number crunching
#5 of 5 Old 01-29-2010, 02:47 PM

Knitters Almanac. by Zimmerman, is probably the only knitting book I own that I read for fun.

I also love Jaeger 29, by Martin Storey, but I think it's out of print now. There's a lot of cute baby patterns in there.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page