Mothering Forum banner

List your Fave books here

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  flapjack 
#1 ·
Hey Ladies,
Is there a book you go to all the time? A book you were hoping to buy but wanted to make sure it was worth the money?
Let's share our book recs.

I just got Stitch and *itch. I looked at it at my LYS one week and then it was gone, so I ordered it.

Can't wait till the kids nap so I can look through it.

Any favorite patterns from this book?

I have the One Skein Wonder book and have made a few things from it.

Ok dish.

#2 ·
Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd

Hat Heads by Trond (forgot his last name)

Favorite Socks, Interweave Press

I need to look at Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman again. I'd only been knitting a month when I got it from the library and it was way over my head.

#4 ·
My faves might not be what you're looking for, because I'm coming at books from a designing perspective, not really looking for good patterns to knit. The books that pretty much never leave my bedside and/or studio table are the Walker Treasuries (particularly the 2nd and 3rd) Maggi Rhigetti's Sweater Design in Plain English, the cables Stitchionary, and japanese aran stitch book (http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/Ja..._Patterns.html) There's tons of other great japanese stitch and patternbooks at that site. I've got a few Keito Dama mags that I love, too. Oh, and Knitting in the Old Way! I recommend the Ann Budd "handy" books to knitters all the time, too - they're great for knitters who maybe want to dabble with their own ideas, but aren't ready or willing to do the number crunching

#5 ·
Knitters Almanac. by Zimmerman, is probably the only knitting book I own that I read for fun.

I also love Jaeger 29, by Martin Storey, but I think it's out of print now. There's a lot of cute baby patterns in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.