Mothering Forum banner

Fitted Sheets and Duvet covers

959 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LaughingHyena 
#1 ·
I'm sorting out a bunch of jersey fabric fitted sheets (lots of holes from my felines) and cotton print and flannel print duvet covers. The duvet covers are in good condition, they were just too warm for my dd and the print is intended for toddlers. (My dd thinks she's a teeny already. *sigh*) Soooo, no curtains or clothing. Any other DIY projects for this fabric before I toss it?

#2 ·
Do you quilt? These make excellent "backing" or "filling" (depending on the purpose of the quilt).

Do you sew? You could turn one or more into park/beach mats.

Other ideas:
~ Offer up on your local freecycle.
~ Cut up into rags. The jersey knit sheets are particularly nice for this.

#3 ·
I've always found someone one freecycle to use fabric I can't use.

Do you know anyone else having little ones soon? If so how about making blankets, wipes, bibs, nappies. Also anything doll sized makes a nice gift if you have toddlers on your gift lists. Dolls slings are pretty easy and popular and mine love their doll sized cloth nappies.

You could use the fabric to make liners for bean bags. I like to make a liner from one fabric, fill with beans and stitch closed. Then make a cover from another fabric which can be removed for washing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.