Creative Birthday Favors - Mothering Forums
Arts & Crafts > Creative Birthday Favors
sraplayas's Avatar sraplayas 04:43 PM 03-13-2010
DD´s Fifth Birthday is coming up and parents typically provide lunch during the recess/lunch hour at her school. Almost every time DD comes home from a party at school, she is toting a bag full of junky candy.

I would like to create a favor that contains good quality candy in small quantities. Something creative, earth-friendly, and cute for both boys and girls. Tall order?!

I'm interested to hear if anyone has good candy recommendations also (you know, no artificial ingredients, no HFCS, etc.)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

rere's Avatar rere 10:28 PM 03-13-2010
I don't have any candy suggestions but for homemade favors:
-you could make little blank books and some rainbow crayons.
-Or maybe some animals masks?
-Once I made wrist cuffs out of felt and glued a glow in the dark star on them.
-book marks
-finger puppets made from felt?
-super balls(not home made but a nice alternative to candy)
sraplayas's Avatar sraplayas 11:47 PM 03-14-2010
thanks! good ideas...

still looking for ideas for the school party...however we are having a small home party and i am thinking of making theses silk garlands (i'll porbably use satin instead of silk) the only thing is, i do not have a sewing macine!

sraplayas nak
Teensy's Avatar Teensy 12:45 AM 03-15-2010
Do you definitely want candy?

I have been giving books as goody presents for the last few years. You can order books from Amazon for about $3 each, or you can find $1 books at Scholastic (but with fewer choices). I pick books that go with the theme (a DK Rocks and Minerals books when the party included gem mining, a Golden Books Peter Pan book when that was the theme, and "Good Night, Good Knight" for DD's castle themes party to be held next weekend) of our party, but you could just pick something fun. I also did a pick-your-own book at one party where I had a variety of books that the kids chose from.
Rhiannon Feimorgan's Avatar Rhiannon Feimorgan 01:30 AM 03-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy View Post
Do you definitely want candy?

I have been giving books as goody presents for the last few years. You can order books from Amazon for about $3 each, or you can find $1 books at Scholastic (but with fewer choices). I pick books that go with the theme (a DK Rocks and Minerals books when the party included gem mining, a Golden Books Peter Pan book when that was the theme, and "Good Night, Good Knight" for DD's castle themes party to be held next weekend) of our party, but you could just pick something fun. I also did a pick-your-own book at one party where I had a variety of books that the kids chose from.
I love this idea!

Probably wouldn't work for the school party but at dd's 5th birthday in December we decorated cookies and decorated paper bags to put the cookies in. We had cake right after that so the kids were OK with not eating their cookies right away. They took their cookies home as favours.
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar MissMommyNiceNice 07:39 PM 03-17-2010
What about an Annie's Assortment? They make new all-fruit gummy snacks now that DS & his friends go nutty for. And you can get the little variety pack of graham, cheese, & choco bunnies at BJ's. I mean, it's a big box, filled with little bags.

Or really easy & always popular - chocolate covered pretzels! Just buy the wafers at the craft store and some super cool sprinkles. Everyone freaks over them and they are soooo easy! DS loves to sprinkle things. so I dip, he sprinkles.
Up