Balloon weight ideas.....unique - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there, I am starting to plan a fun relaxed outdoors first birthday party for my son. No themes. I am making a felted banner, felt crown for him and am planning on colorful papel picado banners and balloons. Just a nice June day with pretty decorations. But since I am trying to make it a bit unique and as far from tacky as I can, I will need unique balloon weights for at the tables. I can make almost anything so ALL ideas are appreciated.......but please give me some that are unique.
thanks~~Melody

Wife to a super sexy hubby , mom to Christian 12/94 , Autumn 10/97 (HB), Will 07/00 (HB), Ocean 06/09 (birth center) and Zion 11/13 (HB) co-sleeper. no-vac, no-circ, babywearer, 8.5 years accu BF...and counting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'd sew some beanbags. Add a loop of ribbon to tie on the balloons. Both my kids love playing with beanbags so they should have a good life after the party.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Since it's not til June, maybe get some Fimo or other oven-hardened clay and sculpt some cute little figures, maybe heads of your family or something, and add a ornament hanger before you bake them? They'd be cute for the day, then will make fun little objet d'art for the house.

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Great ideas!! Not sure if the Fimo will be heavy enough tho....??

Wife to a super sexy hubby , mom to Christian 12/94 , Autumn 10/97 (HB), Will 07/00 (HB), Ocean 06/09 (birth center) and Zion 11/13 (HB) co-sleeper. no-vac, no-circ, babywearer, 8.5 years accu BF...and counting.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydolem View Post
Great ideas!! Not sure if the Fimo will be heavy enough tho....??
To save clay when doing larger shapes, I make a rough frame out of tin foil. If you did that, and put washers or pennies or something in the tinfoil, it would make them PLENTY heavy, and you can bake them without fear of starting a fire. You also use less clay that way, so you save money, too!

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, good idea....weight them down!! Might try that.

User Tag List