Earth Day is Approaching Mothering
is excited to announce our MotheringDotCommunity Earth Day Contest! We are seeking fun and unique ideas for reusing, repurposing or recycling things that might otherwise be thrown away into useful household items. Let's celebrate Earth Day by sharing ways to turn trash into treasure!
Contest entries should be a "how-to tutorial"
and may be submitted in any of the following (or variety
of the following) formats:
How the contest works:
- a step-by-step written tutorial
- a step-by-step photo tutorial
- a video of you crafting your creation
1. Registration is free and open to all registered MDC members, and entrants must be at least 18 years of age. You must include your MDC username along with your official emailed entry. If you are not currently an MDC member, you may click here
to register your free MDC account.
2. To enter the contest, please email your submission to [email protected]
. If you are submitting a video, you may upload the video to YouTube and then provide the link in your entry.
3. You must own copyright of the submitted content. Please do not submit any videos or photos that are not your own. We will not host external links. If you require use of outside content that must be properly cited and not in violation of any copyright. By submitting an entry, you are giving Mothering
permission to use your submission in print, on the site, and for Mothering
4. Submissions are due no later than Friday, April 16th, 2010
. No late entries will be accepted.
5. Entries will be judged by Mothering
/MDC staff based on originality and creativity. Please provide (or demonstrate) clear, easy-to-follow instructions and make it fun!
6. Winners will be announced on Earth Day, April 22, 2010.Contest Prizes:Grand Prize
Second and Third Place Prizes
- Autographed copy of Peggy O'Mara's A Quiet Place
- Mothering Canvas Tote Bag
- Digital and Print reprints of our "Best Of" including: a collection of three of the "best of" Mothering articles on homebirth; a collection of five of the "best of" Mothering articles on this popular education alternatives to public schools; collection of six "best of" Mothering articles on school lunches
- Premium MDC Supporting Membership III (Ad-free) with digital and print Mothering subscriptions included
All questions regarding the contest should be directed to [email protected]
. All winners will be announced on the site on Earth Day, Thursday, April 22nd, and winners will also be notified by Private Message. Published submissions may be edited for length and clarity.
We look forward to your reuse/recycle tutorials. Good luck!