opinions needed pls; is this cheesy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am starting a baby quilt for a baby born last week. i am doing strip pieced all blues on 10" squares (and then i will do borders, but it will be all blues). i just bought a new machine with some embroidery stitches that i will play with on the patchwork for sure, but i am wondering about also using the little alphabet. i thought i could do adjectives, like strong, brave, good, sweet, true, bright, you know, maybe a word or two (or more, depending on how its looking, but not too much) somewhere in each square. and then i could use it again to make a label for the back of the quilt, it could say "well wishes for Luke" or something.
i am not sure though. i think maybe that is kinda cheesy and silly and i shouldnt play with my (brand) new machine so much on this baby's quilt and just go simple. DP thinks its a great idea tho, and it would be more fun to experiment. I dont want to give her something silly or she wont like though, of course, so i really would like another opinion, please and thank you.

Mama to 3 boys 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM

I think it sounds awesome! My machine does lettering as well and I never thought of using it like that. What a great idea!

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#3 of 4 Old 04-03-2010, 06:02 PM

I think it sounds lovely.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#4 of 4 Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM

I think it's a great idea! We got a blanket when DS was born that has embroidery around the edges. It says "Welcome Jude Patrick [last name] You were born on [birhtdate] You were 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 in long Your parents are [our names] Your dog is Henry Your cat is Winston Your grandparents are [names]..." it's kind of like the info you'd find in a baby book, but it's on the blanket. It's very special.

joy.giflurk.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page