Lets start thinking DECEMBER!!!! Make the season HOMEMADE!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 603 Old 05-31-2010, 06:39 PM
 
wife&mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guess it's never too early to start thinking. We don't do much, and don't give to many people compared to some on here, but mostly what I do give is homemade. I love all the ideas.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

wife&mommy is offline  
#62 of 603 Old 06-03-2010, 10:46 AM
 
ms.shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rere, that mitt is super cute! and that's a great gift idea for something fun to make...
hope you are continuing to feel better, caiesmommy.

Mama to 3 boys 

ms.shell is offline  
#63 of 603 Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
 
IntuitiveJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although I'm really not thinking Xmas at all, I've been checking in on the thread b/c I had so much fun with y'all last year. Sorry I couldn't get a swap together. My head is just spinning with my business right now and our end of the year plans.

However, I wanted to say to RERE- LOVE the oven mitt. I almost panicked when I read upthread you weren't crafting as of late. I had a moment where I thought the world was ending. I think I've become addicted to your crafting. I consider you one of the greats!

CAIESMOMMY-Glad you are on the mend!

That is all. Keep up the good work that you have already gotten started on. I will live vicariously through all of you!

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

IntuitiveJamie is offline  
#64 of 603 Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM
 
sapientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oooh I just got into needle felting so that adds something new to what I will be doing!

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

 

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

 

sapientia is offline  
#65 of 603 Old 06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
 
joyfulheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: the beautiful Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the whole house to myself tonight!

I just laid out 42 squares of fun fabric in a pattern I love. Now, I'm going to break out my sewing machine and start sewing the pieces together. I am making a wall-hanging or lap quilt for my mom for her present.

Am super excited to make this!

Fun thread!
joyfulheart is offline  
#66 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 11:16 AM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
rere, that mitt is super cute! and that's a great gift idea for something fun to make...
Thanks!I made one for us too and it actually works(I was worried it wouldn't be heat resistant enough)so I'm excited to make a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post
Although I'm really not thinking Xmas at all, I've been checking in on the thread b/c I had so much fun with y'all last year. Sorry I couldn't get a swap together. My head is just spinning with my business right now and our end of the year plans.

However, I wanted to say to RERE- LOVE the oven mitt. I almost panicked when I read upthread you weren't crafting as of late. I had a moment where I thought the world was ending. I think I've become addicted to your crafting. I consider you one of the greats!
Wow!What an awesome compliment!Thank you,it really means a lot.Your lovely compliment inspired me to get up and go make another oven mitt last night and I'm really glad I did.Thanks again!

Oh,and no worries about the swap.I think everyone understands how busy life can get.Hope the head spinning means your business is doing well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia View Post
oooh I just got into needle felting so that adds something new to what I will be doing!
What kinds of things did you start with?I have some wool roving but haven't made anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulheart View Post
I have the whole house to myself tonight!

I just laid out 42 squares of fun fabric in a pattern I love. Now, I'm going to break out my sewing machine and start sewing the pieces together. I am making a wall-hanging or lap quilt for my mom for her present.

Am super excited to make this!

Fun thread!
JOY!

rere is offline  
#67 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oven Mitt #2!

The best part about this one(to me)is that it's for my stepfather and the lining is made from his old bath robe.HA!For some reason stuff like that makes me smile.

rere is offline  
#68 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woo hoo...oven mitt #3!

I've been having good luck finding fabrics to match gift recipients in my stash.Not sure about one for my BIL though.I guess I have time to find something good though.

rere is offline  
#69 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what are you all thinking about for your husbands/partners?I swore I was done making my husband stuff after last year but I guess since it's only June I'm feeling more optimistic.

Here's some info about him if any of you creative mamas want to help me.
He's a bass player.
He will be on tour at that time.So living on a tour bus for a few weeks at a time and lots of airport travel.
He likes to hang out with our daughter and will be missing her tons.
He likes to read.
He doesn't like a lot of "stuff".
He likes to cook.
UHG.He's a pain in the butt to give presents to.That and I've been giving him presents for 20+years.It's a challenge!

rere is offline  
#70 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM
 
sapientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 2,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
So what are you all thinking about for your husbands/partners?I swore I was done making my husband stuff after last year but I guess since it's only June I'm feeling more optimistic.

Here's some info about him if any of you creative mamas want to help me.
He's a bass player.
He will be on tour at that time.So living on a tour bus for a few weeks at a time and lots of airport travel.
He likes to hang out with our daughter and will be missing her tons.
He likes to read.
He doesn't like a lot of "stuff".
He likes to cook.
UHG.He's a pain in the butt to give presents to.That and I've been giving him presents for 20+years.It's a challenge!
Crochet a cozy for a bass amp? I was thinking of doing this for my guitar amp the other day-it was an amusing thought so I had to pass it on at the first available opportunity!

I'm thinking small little kits-traveling bag that can hold little items that he might need or want. Maybe a lovely little closeable frame with a pic of him and your dd, or you and him...a tiny digital frame, maybe?
Hope it helps!!!

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

 

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

 

sapientia is offline  
#71 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM
 
akwifeandmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 1,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing! Thinking I'm going to get back into cross-stitch...
akwifeandmomma is online now  
#72 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia View Post
Crochet a cozy for a bass amp? I was thinking of doing this for my guitar amp the other day-it was an amusing thought so I had to pass it on at the first available opportunity!

I'm thinking small little kits-traveling bag that can hold little items that he might need or want. Maybe a lovely little closeable frame with a pic of him and your dd, or you and him...a tiny digital frame, maybe?
Hope it helps!!!
HA!Hilarious!You should totally do it!!Too bad I don't crochet and I'm not sure the amp would still fit in his flight case.I did make him an apron for his double bass once upon a time.He doesn't use it.And a carrying bag for his bow case.He uses that all the time.

Thank you for the ideas!I really am trying to go in that same direction that you did with something comforting for him while he's on tour.He's just such a minimalist when it comes to travel that I'm having a hard time thinking of something he'll actually appreciate.Well that and he's been doing it for so long that he has what he needs.I mean he even has a cover for his passport already.Pain in my ass,that guy.

rere is offline  
#73 of 603 Old 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM
 
Carhootel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: this thread!

I'm making all my nieces and nephews (all about 3yo) memory games - I took a piece of wood from the yard (about 3inches in diameter) and cut it in slices about 1/2inch thick. then I made simple shapes on them with a wood cutter (2 each of 4 different images) and I can't decide if I'm going to try to paint/watercolor them before I rub some homemade beeswax polish into them, or just be done. I hope they like them!

I want to make everyone a nice wooly hat too, better get on that...

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
Carhootel is offline  
#74 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carhootel View Post
: this thread!

I'm making all my nieces and nephews (all about 3yo) memory games - I took a piece of wood from the yard (about 3inches in diameter) and cut it in slices about 1/2inch thick. then I made simple shapes on them with a wood cutter (2 each of 4 different images) and I can't decide if I'm going to try to paint/watercolor them before I rub some homemade beeswax polish into them, or just be done. I hope they like them!

I want to make everyone a nice wooly hat too, better get on that...
Sounds beautiful.

Will you be knitting the hats?

rere is offline  
#75 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
caiesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
So what are you all thinking about for your husbands/partners?I swore I was done making my husband stuff after last year but I guess since it's only June I'm feeling more optimistic.

Here's some info about him if any of you creative mamas want to help me.
He's a bass player.
He will be on tour at that time.So living on a tour bus for a few weeks at a time and lots of airport travel.
He likes to hang out with our daughter and will be missing her tons.
He likes to read.
He doesn't like a lot of "stuff".
He likes to cook.
UHG.He's a pain in the butt to give presents to.That and I've been giving him presents for 20+years.It's a challenge!


I TOTALLY forgot from last year that our dh's are the EXACT same man. Seriously I wonder if my dh is your dh while on tour LOL

Last year I ended up not making dh anything I got him a stocking full of treats and things he needed and all of his "gifts" were from second hand stores LOL. Books, a tie and I think even a shirt lol.

THIS year I'm determined to make him things! Thinking of making him knitted socks, he's never had a pair and everyone who wears them loves them so I was thinking WTH. And I'm making him a new bass strap(he plays electric). Either I'm going to get a really cool self stripping yarn and knit it. Or a patchwork fabric kind of thing.

I would ask my dh what he would want for on tour..but I think last years answer was beer...and beer MONEY. Yup thats my dh

I'm so glad that I'm starting early on THINKING about presents, I dont think I'll ever get to them. Right now I'm knitting those socks like mad for FIL and Dh's cousin has me beading braclets to sell to raise money for diabetes research. The braclets NEED to be done by wed. So that's been my focus whenever I have 2 free mins. lol

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
caiesmommy is offline  
#76 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
 
caiesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any ideas for gifts made from old magazines? I'm thinking of making some bowls, more for putting the gift in then actually being the gift lol. And I'm making some envelopes for cards, but other then that I can't think of much

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
caiesmommy is offline  
#77 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
 
brittneyscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way down south
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing!

I am just starting to think about our list for the holidays but know I want to make the majority of the gifts. We're only doing gifts for select family members so it should be an easy holiday. I'm going to put my current ideas here and will update later as I finish my list and start crafting. We're working on moving now so its going to be hectic for awhile before I can really start.

Need gifts for:
DD (will be 5)
DS (3)
DH

Mama
Sis
Brother

Mamaw
Mamaw R
Mamaw FM
Nannie


So far I'm thinking about lapghans or throws for the grandmothers, making some toys for the kids as well as some winter items like scarves and mittens, thermal socks for DH. I'll update later once I've worked on my list and found some pattern links.
brittneyscott is offline  
#78 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new here
It has been my goal for a couple years to be allhomemade, but it never quite works out. Just don't start early enough I think.
Ideas for this year:

My new baby neice--- knitted and felted baby blocks, with girly pictures felted onto them <3

been meaning to make some pillows for my mil

other than that, I look forward toseeing every one else's ideas : )
bluebirdiemama is offline  
#79 of 603 Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
 
sarasprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

I did this thread for a few years, but didn't have a chance to do much homemade last year. I bought from etsy/local craft shows for most people, but made wool angels for above my boys' beds. This year will be minimal, but we'll do a few things.

my cousins (married couple): sweater sleeve coffee sleeves
me: ds1 and I will use the rest of the sweater to make me a bag
aunt/cousins: I was thinking about beeswax candles, but I want to see how much work they are to make with a mold
ds1: ?
ds2: ?

My backup boy present is a new pillowcase based on their interest. Since they're getting that this summer when we move, I'm not going to be able to count on it.
sarasprings is offline  
#80 of 603 Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
 
ms.shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rere, for your dp,
there must be some kind of bag you can do, something maybe that is old and worn that you could replace. my dp (who doesnt tour) keeps asking me to make a "gig bag," for his capos and various wires and tuner and misc. little doo dads... or maybe he needs a new shaving/toiletry bag or something. or a little quilt or blanket/ pillow; maybe you and dd could use some kind of transfer solution or have her use fabric crayons or something like that. or a cell phone or ipod case or cool wallet or belt or messenger bag or something for him to take with him....
or could you make him something awesome to wear onstage?

i'm making oven mitts for our dads for father's day not much time yet to work on christmas, tho i do have a few little things complete already.

Mama to 3 boys 

ms.shell is offline  
#81 of 603 Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 PM
 
brittneyscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way down south
Posts: 1,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I found a few patterns like for some of the gifts.

Need gifts for:
DD (will be 5)
DS (3)

-- Not sure what will be who's yet for the kids gifts but here are some things I'm thinking about doing:
playsilks
waldorf doll or sleep buddy
clothes, cd, and baby sling for dolls
refinish a wooden doll bed in storage
refinish and decorate wooden doll house in storage
little people for doll house
items for kitchen? apron, crocheted foods, basket for shopping
puppets
dress up clothes ??

DH - thermal socks (would like to make 2 pairs); winter hat; .....

Mama -
Sis - thinking about a throw and a pillow to take to college ??
Brother - bolster pillow/throw pillow (maybe a throw also or just 2 or 3 pillows ??)

Lapghans for Grandmothers:
Mamaw - debating the gift for this grandmother. She was just diagnosed with cancer and about to start chemo. I'm thinking about making some chemo caps for her but if not I like this lapghan:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/angel-afghan
May make a small angel doll too since she loves angels.

Mamaw R
- http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...-si-do-lapghan
Mamaw FM - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wavy-blanky
(this one is actually about 3/4 done already)
Nannie - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calypso-afghan


Still undecided on a lot of stuff. No clue for Mama yet. Maybe something for her house. She likes to decorate with different stuff like me which means it's hard to find stuff for your decor. I may make some stuff for her house just like she wants. Gotta nosey around and find out what though
brittneyscott is offline  
#82 of 603 Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post


I TOTALLY forgot from last year that our dh's are the EXACT same man. Seriously I wonder if my dh is your dh while on tour LOL


I would ask my dh what he would want for on tour..but I think last years answer was beer...and beer MONEY. Yup thats my dh
l
HA!Well...my husband does mention liking Canada quite a bit.Hmmmmm?

Your husband is funny.Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately)for my husband it's the kind of tour where the venues keep them well stocked in booze.

How are you going to make the bass strap?Are you going to add onto an existing strap?or cut up an old one to get the little doo hickeys that hook onto the bass?something else?My husband mostly plays electric bass too so that could be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
rere, for your dp,
there must be some kind of bag you can do, something maybe that is old and worn that you could replace. my dp (who doesnt tour) keeps asking me to make a "gig bag," for his capos and various wires and tuner and misc. little doo dads... or maybe he needs a new shaving/toiletry bag or something. or a little quilt or blanket/ pillow; maybe you and dd could use some kind of transfer solution or have her use fabric crayons or something like that. or a cell phone or ipod case or cool wallet or belt or messenger bag or something for him to take with him....
or could you make him something awesome to wear onstage?
Thanks for the ideas!I was kind of thinking about a cover for the ipod.I'll have to ponder that one some more.

He really has to have flight cases for all his gear because they end up flying quite a bit which is why I made him a bag to carry his bow(he didn't want to ship or check that one).But he carries a messenger type bag on the plane sometimes.Maybe my daughter could sew up some design that I could turn into a new bag for him?Hmmmm?

He doesn't use a wallet but I like the belt idea.I don't think he would wear anything else that I made him on stage.Although a while ago I was teasing him that I was going to make him some sort of t-shirt or giant button about how much he loved me.And then I was going to look up the shows on line to check that he was wearing it.Yeah...he didn't go for it.

rere is offline  
#83 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
 
caiesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=rere;15501354]HA!Well...my husband does mention liking Canada quite a bit.Hmmmmm?

Your husband is funny.Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately)for my husband it's the kind of tour where the venues keep them well stocked in booze.

How are you going to make the bass strap?Are you going to add onto an existing strap?or cut up an old one to get the little doo hickeys that hook onto the bass?something else?My husband mostly plays electric bass too so that could be a good idea.


WELLL Canada is pretty great! LOL

I'm pretty sure dh has a strap or two around here that I can take apart. He keeps straps even when they are fraying and falling apart ) I haven't decided if I'm going to knit it or sew it. I think it would be cute to get the kids to draw on the fabric with fabric markers. I dont expect him to use it all the time but its something small that is useful as well. I'm going to disect a strap while at work Fri(I work at a music school) and figure out the best way to do it

I AM FINALLY DONE THE BRACLETS FOR CHARITY So happy! Now to finish those socks for NEXT weekend..oh man. I'll be giving FIL his present on the needles LOL

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
caiesmommy is offline  
#84 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
 
luv-my-boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: stuck between baskets of laundry
Posts: 1,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought I'd add this link. I'll be making what seems like a whole village of dolls for all the girls on our gift giving list. Great use for scraps of fabrics. Plus there darn cute, I've even revamped the pattern to allow for a boy.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll
luv-my-boys is offline  
#85 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
 
ms.shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have you ever worked w leather, caiesmommy? i know my dp doesnt want me to make him straps because he has leather ones he loves. i know he would not be happy if i knitted him one! but mine thinks knitting is "so grandma" anyway, the one he loves best has intricate black drawings all over it (it looks native american like turtle and lizard and lines and several kinds of motifs). you might could even just let dd use sharpies, not sure if they wouldnt bleed on leather but that is what it almost looks like on dps strap he loves...

Mama to 3 boys 

ms.shell is offline  
#86 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 03:41 PM
 
LaughingHyena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Any ideas for gifts made from old magazines? I'm thinking of making some bowls, more for putting the gift in then actually being the gift lol. And I'm making some envelopes for cards, but other then that I can't think of much
Last year I made several of these baskets and filled them with baked goodies for the great grandparents. They all loved them.
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/476...om-a-newspaper

I think with a little more time (and patience) the kids could have helped me make them. They are 5 & 3
LaughingHyena is offline  
#87 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
 
JamieCatheryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SW Pa
Posts: 5,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
JamieCatheryn is online now  
#88 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
caiesmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
have you ever worked w leather, caiesmommy? i know my dp doesnt want me to make him straps because he has leather ones he loves. i know he would not be happy if i knitted him one! but mine thinks knitting is "so grandma" anyway, the one he loves best has intricate black drawings all over it (it looks native american like turtle and lizard and lines and several kinds of motifs). you might could even just let dd use sharpies, not sure if they wouldnt bleed on leather but that is what it almost looks like on dps strap he loves...
I was interested to learn to work with leather when I was younger. But were both veggies and since we dont eat cow, we dont wear it LOL

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
caiesmommy is offline  
#89 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
 
ms.shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
omg sorry!

Mama to 3 boys 

ms.shell is offline  
#90 of 603 Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 PM
 
rere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=caiesmommy;15504413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post
HA!Well...my husband does mention liking Canada quite a bit.Hmmmmm?

Your husband is funny.Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately)for my husband it's the kind of tour where the venues keep them well stocked in booze.

How are you going to make the bass strap?Are you going to add onto an existing strap?or cut up an old one to get the little doo hickeys that hook onto the bass?something else?My husband mostly plays electric bass too so that could be a good idea.


WELLL Canada is pretty great! LOL

I'm pretty sure dh has a strap or two around here that I can take apart. He keeps straps even when they are fraying and falling apart ) I haven't decided if I'm going to knit it or sew it. I think it would be cute to get the kids to draw on the fabric with fabric markers. I dont expect him to use it all the time but its something small that is useful as well. I'm going to disect a strap while at work Fri(I work at a music school) and figure out the best way to do it

I AM FINALLY DONE THE BRACLETS FOR CHARITY So happy! Now to finish those socks for NEXT weekend..oh man. I'll be giving FIL his present on the needles LOL
He was trying to get us to move to Canada for awhile but I had to remind him that I don't think Canada is so interested in having usso now he's trying to get us to move to Brazil.

Anyway the strap sounds fun and I'm glad you finished up your charity project and can now power knit your FIL's socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv-my-boys View Post
thought I'd add this link. I'll be making what seems like a whole village of dolls for all the girls on our gift giving list. Great use for scraps of fabrics. Plus there darn cute, I've even revamped the pattern to allow for a boy.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll
Aren't those so cute!?

rere is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off