Other felting Q's: maybe wet felting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2010, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm knitting another doll, a delivery model baby. I need a firm but slightly moldable, shaped stuffing for this doll's head. It needs to be the actual size and shape of a newborn's head rather than just a ball, in order to realistically move through a model pelvis for birth classes. I don't need detailed facial features. I've seen tutorials for wet felted eggs, can I do that but bigger and flattened a little so it's oval in the dimension that's usually round? Could I use one of the stocking package big plastic eggs in the middle (l'eggs? they still sell those right?) How much roving would I need, anyway?

Also, any thoughts on making a felted placenta?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes, I'd say that you could definitely do this! I would definitely use something in the middle so you don't have to deal with buying and felting the core of the head. I would start with 4oz maybe, you'll see after working with it if you need to add on. you can start small and then add more later on to make it bigger and shape it. Once it's wet felted you can shape it with a felting needle also to get what you need.

I think a felted placenta would be very cool and not too difficult to make really.. maybe wet felt it and then add veins or other details on by needle felting?

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09

User Tag List