Gift for a 4 yr old,challenge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-02-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a friend who is turning 4.The challenge is...

he is one of 4 kids(so lots of toys in the house already).

At the moment he and his family live in a tiny house so there isn't room for a bigger item but a small item will immediately get lost in the sea of toys that they already have.

I don't have money to spend on an activity or something like that.

I've already given him dress up clothes.

Here is some info about him...

He is really creative.

He is having a car themed party.

He likes super heroes.

He is the only boy and his father seems a little sensitive about that.

Any and all ideas will be appreciated!

#2 of 6 Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
How about consumables? My DS just found some long lost 'color wonder' items and while he is 9 yr old they are still a great hit. I know they make 'cars' and disney themed packets as well as generic themes such as 'hidden surprises and dinosaurs' and they are joanns and michaels either onsale or you can use a coupon for 40% off, making them well under $10.

4 is a great time for anything Crayola, they have some cute sidewalk chalk sets, again colorwonder sets, (they even have color wonder finer paints!). If you do colorwonder make sure to get an extra packet of the plain paper

But either way definately do a consumable!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 6 Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 PM

a car roll? did you make a cape when you already made dress up clothes?
how about this:
http://thelongthread.com/?p=308
I made a stuffed rocket like this for my 8 yo for Christmas last year, and he loves it. He loves doggies, so I put a doggy on the ship and we stuff little doggies in the pocket so they can blast off in the "doggy rocket."

good luck!

Mama to 3 boys 

#4 of 6 Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
How about consumables? My DS just found some long lost 'color wonder' items and while he is 9 yr old they are still a great hit. I know they make 'cars' and disney themed packets as well as generic themes such as 'hidden surprises and dinosaurs' and they are joanns and michaels either onsale or you can use a coupon for 40% off, making them well under $10.

4 is a great time for anything Crayola, they have some cute sidewalk chalk sets, again colorwonder sets, (they even have color wonder finer paints!). If you do colorwonder make sure to get an extra packet of the plain paper

But either way definately do a consumable!
Thanks for the ideas!I'm really going to try to make him something but if that doesn't work out,art supplies will be a good idea.Well at least maybe those color wonder things because the birthday boy has been known to create a few unwanted murals.The color wonders are the ones that need special paper to work,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
a car roll? did you make a cape when you already made dress up clothes?
how about this:
http://thelongthread.com/?p=308
I made a stuffed rocket like this for my 8 yo for Christmas last year, and he loves it. He loves doggies, so I put a doggy on the ship and we stuff little doggies in the pocket so they can blast off in the "doggy rocket."

good luck!
A car roll is on my list of possibilities.And yes,last year I made him a cape.That rocket is really cute.I'll put that on the list.Thanks!

#5 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
For Christmas I made my kids aprons and wrapped them up with a tub of cake sprinkles. It was a big hit with them both (DD 5 and DS 3)

To make it suitable boy ish, how about a line of car buttons sewn along the pocket. You could a grey ribbon road.
#6 of 6 Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingHyena View Post
For Christmas I made my kids aprons and wrapped them up with a tub of cake sprinkles. It was a big hit with them both (DD 5 and DS 3)

To make it suitable boy ish, how about a line of car buttons sewn along the pocket. You could a grey ribbon road.
Thank you for the idea!I made an apron for his sister about a year ago so I worry he might feel jipped to get one too.Thanks though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page