Looking for a serged edge reusable sandwich wrap pattern - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey! So I saw these at the natural foods store, to put a sandwich in instead of a plastic baggie. I was thinking of experimenting with the pocket style- looong rectangle with serged edges a pocket and flap close top w/ velcro closure or the wrap style, like a really large square to fold around the sandwich and velcro or tie closed..? Does anyone have a pattern or know if the sandwich will keep with just two layers (front & back rightsides ) cotton print fabric? I don't think I want to use PUL or oilcloth. But what else is there to keep the sandwich fresh?

thanks and hugs!

~mama to some wonderful kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 AM

I use ripstop nylon on the inside. There are a ton of free patterns out there for various types of sandwich/snack bags.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM

I actually purchased one of the bags with the intent of taking measurements and closely examining it at home to replicate. I now have several cut out and waiting to be serged (probably will make some with a lining out of Ziploc bag and some without). If you really need a pattern (as I do) maybe you can buy just one as a prototype and then use it along with the ones you make. Hope this helps.

User Tag List