Mothering Forum banner

Need help with dragon costume, please

748 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  4evermom 
#1 ·
Any tips for the sewing impaired Mom with not a whole lot of spare time?
I found the COOLEST fabric. It's like metallic holographic scales. All the homemade costumes I like online say they take 80 - 100 hours. I don't have those hours.

It is going to be lightweight because it is warm here. His biggest thing are the wings. If you know of any websites that might help me or have done a dragon in the past, I would love to hear about it.

Mostly I need simple.

thanks!

#2 ·
I need to do bird wings for a bird-boy costume this year...

What I'd do is try to find plain PJs in a good color. Maybe plain leggings and a matching shirt from the girls clothes dept? Then I'd take that fancy cloth and cut it kind of like a shawl but sew it along the arms and down the back to anchor it to the shirt. That way he can flap the wings with his arms.

I'm just going to get a cheap half mask for my bird boy and glue feathers to it and add a beak of some kind. My ds's main priority seems to be that the wings give him a little wind resistance when he spreads his arms and runs so I need a tightly woven fabric for a base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.