craft for party - using handmade paper samples (and possibly photos)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
While decluttering I came across a small book of 3x5 samples of handmade paper. Most of it is shades of off-white but some are in color as well. It is lovely paper.

Any ideas on what I can do with it? Collage or something?

I am planning a kiddie party in January, if there is any interesting craft using this that I could incorporate there that would be interesting.

Another idea was to take pics of all the kids who will come to that party, print them out in passport size, and devise some activity where the kids exchange pics and by the end of the activity they collect pics of all the rest of the kids. I haven't figured out the activity yet, but these are the elements I have so far. Maybe some kind of autograph book? Or something more interesting.

(It is easy to make 2x2 pics, btw. Take a pic, crop a square portion, and then use some program like Paint or Irfan View to arrange the images in 3 columns, 2 rows so that you have a set of 6 pictures that can be printed in 4x6 size. You can print these off for 15 or 20 cents at most places. There are websites that will do this for you but if you do it yourself you can sometimes get a sharper image because you can start from higher resolution. )

relaxed-unschooler mama to dd (2003). hoping for second one. love being a mama!!
#2 of 3 Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Well do you want to keep the paper 3*5 size or do you want to let the kids cut it up?
Depending on how many sheets of paper there are and how you want to keep the paper (full sheet or cut) really determines the project you can do.

What I would probably do is use it as a background for a small art project. I am envisioning flowers at the moment. But these would be 7-9 yr olds?? I say let the kids have fun and let the kids be creative.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#3 of 3 Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what about using it as a background for a cut out pic. they could decorate the paper part of the background with little crafty things or markers. then they could be framed to take home.

Tags
Arts Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page