PUL at Joann? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anybody seen it/know about the quality? I've seen it recently at two separate Joanns, they had a few pastel colors and a few prints, but the laminate was on the right side of the print which I thought was very strange. What would you even use reverse PUL like that for??

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#2 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The laminated cotton is for tablecloths, bibs, and the. Our joann's has a few
pastel pul colors. Sadly they have no laminated cotton because I really want to make a tablecloth.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mom to Kira March 2009
#3 of 13 Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 AM

I've used the solids for a few months now and they've held up great so far.

Apparently they did the laminate wrong on the print PUL and they are aware of it. Lots of my covers and pockets are shiny side out - so I'm going to use the print stuff anyway. I don't care if the brighter side of the design is on the inside instead of the outside.

Mama to three

#4 of 13 Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 AM

I have had some delamination on the red PUL. Went through the dryer on medium (thanks husband!) The following diaper brands survived medium heat: bum genius 2.0; fuzzibunz, kawaii; pocket change, katydid. Jo-annes PUL did not :-(

I am glad I only made 4 dipes from it :-( I might make more though, just cause the red is so darn cute.

#5 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 AM

I've used the pastel pul at Joanns with no problems. I've heard that many people are having problems with the bright colors(blue, red, lime) delaminating.

Michelle , wife to Ray, mama to Anthony(12/20/05), Bryant(01/08), Carisma (08/21/10) , step ma to Amber(12/13/94), : :
#6 of 13 Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM

we only have the pastel at my Jo Anns ...very wishy washy colors IMO  but they have held up very well - i havent made diapers from them - but i have made large 'reusable underpads' out of them  and some luna pads for my daughter.

MommyBecky likes this.

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#7 of 13 Old 05-11-2011, 01:35 PM

I've had major issues with the PUL from Joann's....and the flannel.  I just can't seem to find quality fabrics through them that will stand up to the repeated washes.  So I started a fabric co-op and shop! :)  Problem solved.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_102630149820946&ap=1

#8 of 13 Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 PM

I haven't had any problems yet with the PUL from Joann's but I've only ever gotten the pastel colors, and I've only ever used them for wet bags or as a liner for a changing pad that I've been making for friend's baby showers.

A cute use for the fabric with the wrong side laminated would be a child's raincoat or poncho. smile.gif

joy.gif my two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011. winner.jpg

#9 of 13 Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM

My White PUL and Light Aqual PUL from JoAnn's have held up well, but the Lime has delaminated...and I still have a yard and a half of it left - ugh!

#10 of 13 Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 PM

My White PUL from Joann's totally delaminated. It's not from hot or warm washes. There was a problem with that PUL. PUL was made for the medical industry originally, so it was made to withstand high heat washings to kill bacteria and germs. Joann's has a new line of PUL and diaper making supples called Babyville Boutique. I love it. I was part of the testing team on this product. I love that there is a bigger selection of PUL Prints and for mama's who never knew they could sew their own, they now have a place to shop locally.

#11 of 13 Old 11-18-2011, 05:31 PM

I bought some JoAnn's Babyville Boutique bold colored PUL (blue, green, red) and made some diapers for a kid I babysit.  I am super disappointed that the colors have faded so much in the 4months since I made them.  Since she only wears them at my house I know it is not from washing them wrong or too often.  I don't know if the pastel colors or patterns have this same issue, but I don't think I will be buying any more PUL from JoAnns any time soon.  

#12 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM

I just had a BIG piece of red PUL from Joann's delaminate.

This doesn't happen with most PUL, right?  I've washed so many diapers 100s of times and never had this happen.  But I'm selling some mattress protector pads now, that I'm making, and I would be horrified if the PUL came apart after I had sold them! 

Luckily, I kept the only one I made with PUL from Joann's.

#13 of 13 Old 01-18-2012, 06:34 PM

I've bought many different colors and prints and never had any problem after drying on HOT.  

Christian SAHM & birth doula.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page