If I dress my 17mo in this, what costume would I call it? Or, other ideas welcome. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As per my usual, I am brainstorming last minute for costumes. So, rifling through drawers, I came across a pink leotard with attached tutu, and a plaid lumberjack shirt...I have an image of her wearing these together - what does that make her? A grunge princess? A 90's fashionista? (Or is that current fashion??)

Or....what? I am certainly not into putting the tutu on her and calling her a ballerina...I want something funny or interesting , but easy to wear (you know, since she's 17 m.o.!) And the point will be mainly to amuse the adults, of course.

All kinds of other random objects/toys/and clothing are available too.

Ideas? Thoughts?? I can't get this image of her in the tutu & plaid shirt (Perhaps with the addition of her brown winter boots???) out of my head.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#2 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM

I like the idea of a grunge princess
#3 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 PM

Tutu doesn't say princess to me......I know you didn't want "ballerina" but what about "grunge ballerina"?

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#4 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM

The lumberjack from the Monty Python song?

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#5 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ace Ventura, Pet Detective?

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#6 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblackstone444 View Post
you should totally do this!!!! Aaaalrighty then!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#7 of 7 Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ha! I thought of the Monty Python lumberjack too. ANd it was the first thing DH said when I told him the outfit.

As for Ace Ventura, could be hilarious, but being totally unfamiliar with Ace Ventura myself, can't do.

I think I'll go with grunge princess - I think that term describes a certain style of dress (think plaid shirt, ripped denim, with ultra-feminine accessories like heels, hot pink lace bra, long blond hair, even pearls), not actually "princess". Not a princess who is grungy, but a grunge-dresser who is princess-y, if that makes sense.

Any other thoughts welcome!

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09

Tags
Arts Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page