Old Sheets - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a nice queen size sheet that sadly got torn and a crib sheet that's losing the elastic. I have plenty of crib sheets so I'm wondering: is there anything I can do with old sheets?

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Heaps of things! When I was your DDs age I would have loved to get my hands on some old sheets

Intact

- draped over furniture/boxes to make a cubby/tent
- wrapped around a person to make a sarong/toga/ghost costume/cape
- folded to make a bed for a toy, either free form or in a box/basket

Cut up

- clothes for toys. I used to make no sew dresses/tops by cutting a long strip, folding it in half and cutting out a head hole on the fold then belting it a th waist. This can work for any size toy, just cut the fabric accordingly. You can even make a painting smock for a child like this if you have a big enough piece of fabric

- Sheets/cushions/curtains etc for toys

- kite tails

- "flags" for bikes/trikes

- making a rag doll

- slings/carriers for toys

- decorating cards. Strip of cardboard folded into thirds. On the middle section cut out a shape. Glue the fabric over it then fold one side in and glue it around the edges so the back of the fabric is hidden.

- making Christmas decorations. Stuffed and decorated shapes for a sewing option or little strips tied onto wire frames for a no sew version

That's all I can think of for now. Another alternative is to just put them in the toy box/play room and let the kids go for it. They'll probably come up with a million more ideas

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
toothbrush rugs or baskets

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

Tags
Arts Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page