Help for very non-crafty mama please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-24-2010, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, so my nearly 3 yo really loves doing 'arty' things, and has decided that this year she would like to make Christmas presents for people.  Of course, she'll need my help to do this and I have *no* clue what to do.

Help? Any nice easy ideas for things I can make with my LO as Christmas presents?  They'll have to be fairly cheap too, as we're tight on cash.  And bearing in mind that I just had to look up instructions for how to make a paper snowflake online! :bag

The only idea I've had is to put hand/foot prints on T-shirts with fabric paint (but I've no idea how to get the baby's prints on there!).

Any advice or suggestions will be most welcome! TIA

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#2 of 3 Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Salt Dough ornaments are fun and easy to make. Use cookie cutters to get holiday shapes like trees or stars. After you paint seal the ornament with spray glitter.

http://www.giftideacenter.com/Holiday/Christmas/dough_ornaments.php

Also at craft stores you can buy small wooden ornaments that you can paint. They come in a ton of holiday shapes like snowmen, stars, trees, presents. Some have place to put a photo of your child. Great gift.

Book marks are a good gift and can be made of cardstock paper with stickers, stamps, collage art. Add a hole punch to the top and tie on a ribbon. The bookmarks can be creative shapes too, not just long rectangles.

Here is a family fun craft site, link for Christmas crafts:

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/holiday-seasonal-crafts/christmas-gifts-cards-decorations/

You can look around at non Christmas crafts too.

Have fun!!

Rhianna

#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 02:23 PM

You can also dehydrate citrus (grapefruit, orange, lemon, etc) slices and use those as natural ornaments.  Even if you don't have a dehydrator, they're simple to make.

everyday adventures of a CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, natural living, fiber artist mama

Tags
Arts Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page