Infant hairbands for little girls ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-29-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i know it goes against all things MDC... but I've become obsessed with trying to find infant hairbands for my dd (due in january!) I don't really like the girls clothes in the stores, and plan to use a lot of my sons clothing. I'm anticipating another balding beauty and would just like a few to make her look more like a girl.

I've been to so many BM stores, and can't find any. Online they seem to range between 10-15 dollars which is a little steep. (although they are gorgeous). I've been reading about how easy they are to make, but have been hesitant in adding another crafting to do to my nesting list. Plus the 'startup' cost.

I sat down and made a few bows with some ribbon I had laying around, and they turned ok. Better than I thought I could do. (my crafty runs more on the math side, and less on the artsy side).

Does anyone make these and would like to chat about it?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 3 Old 11-29-2010, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've made them before for me (i think they're just wrong on a baby!  LOL!).

I cut bands from tights (pantyhose) legs.  If it's woolly tights you can sew the edges together to make a tube, if it's thinner you don't need to as they naturally roll and don't fray.  Adult ankles stretch out nicely to infant head size (i used calf or thigh for my own head :))

#3 of 3 Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
interesting. I might be able to dig up some hose/tights (haven't worn any in years) just to try it out with practice bows.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page