Christmas gift crafting for a 7 yo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm after ideas! My 7 yo needs stuff he can make for relatives. We have 2 sets of grandparents, a few aunts and uncles and some baby cousins.

He can knit, crochet, sew and do woodwork.He can bake and so on, obviously. He's not mad on painting. We're quite Waldorfy, if that helps.

I've had a trawl through the internet but nothing is leaping out at me. I suppose we need something simple, but effective.

Last year we did these => http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/03/in-mothering.html > . This year his 5 year old sister is making those and his 3 year old sister is making rolled beeswax candles (with a lot of help, and 1 per family!). So those ideas are taken!

Any ideas? Thanks

Raising Geek_Generation_2.0 :LET ds= 10 ; LET dd1= ds - 2; LET dd2=dd-2; IF month=0.67 THEN LET ds = ds+1; 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been trying to figure out what my five year old can make people and haven't come up with much. Last year he made felted soaps, those came out well. He tried felting rocks, but we couldn't get it to work. He's weaving potholders, well, hopefully he'll at least finish one (he gets bored quickly with weaving). I was thinking of having him make this sheep wall hanging thing I saw in an issue of Living Crafts (maybe Spring 09 issue?). It's weaved with wool roving and has a hill, blue sky, and some sheep. I can get you more instructions if you're interested. There are some cute craft patterns for free http://www.livingcrafts.com/page/Free_Patterns I especially like the Starry Night Holiday Mail Pouch. Not sure what his knitting skills are, but I knitted my mom a bunch of washclothes with themes (Santa, garden pail, lighthouse). I got the patterns for free on Ravelry. They're just knit/purl and small projects, except for Santa. We also got a kit to make my mom a walking stone for her garden that my boys will put their hand prints in and decorate with colored stones.

#3 of 4 Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Great ideas! 

I think we may be covered actually-I've spent all day thinking and I've decided he will make card holders, basically a branch or whatever with a slit in it to put a card or photo (of the grandkids ;-) ) in.

I love your ideas though!

Raising Geek_Generation_2.0 :LET ds= 10 ; LET dd1= ds - 2; LET dd2=dd-2; IF month=0.67 THEN LET ds = ds+1; 
#4 of 4 Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Love that idea!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page