beginner needs help making a necklace (or bracelet) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

currently taking a bradley class and would love to give the other women in my class (all first time moms) a little something at our last class.

i've already bought some beads that i love (that have some meaning to me -- and hopefully will to them) and was hoping to make a necklace or bracelet that they could wear during the birth (or just have with them if they prefer to wear nothing).

problem is i don't know how to go about it.  i've been looking online for ideas, but have just become overwhelmed with all the different choices.

i'm only using a few beads.  what would be best, a necklace or bracelet?  what's the best (easiest to work with) thing to string them on?  and what's the best way to finish it?  i've seen lots of different clasps and things, but it looks like you need a bunch of tools (i don't want to have to invest too much in this).  is there some kind of knotting option or a bracelet/necklace that could be adjustable? 

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#2 of 2 Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here you go: http://www.rubysbeadwork.com/SlidingKnots.html

You can use either leather cord, or satin-ropecord.  If you use the satin-rope cord, you'll want to either singe the ends or dip them in clear nail polish to keep the ends from fraying.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page