Mendhi/henna questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm doing a friend's belly for her mother blessing. I'm practicing on myself and though I haven't washed it off yet, I can tell I am not happy with the results. I am using a Wilton's icing bag and the third smallest tip. It comes out a bit gloppy and uneven and I struggle to get detail.

-advice on what applicator to use?

-how thin should my paste be?

I've looked at many sites and have some books on hold at the library but would appreciate any advice!

Mods- no clue where this should go, please move if need be.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#2 of 2 Old 07-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi did you ever figure it out? I've never done henna myself but I've had it put on several times and they usually use like a foil cone. I think it may have to do more with the consistency and what type of henna you are using. I've heard people talk about "good" henna vs. not-so-great henna. Also if you put sugar water on top of the design and cover it with plastic wrap for a few hours (we usually do it overnight) that will help to darken the color and make it last longer. You just take the plastic off and wash your hands when you are ready to pick it off. shrug.gif

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page