Retirement gift for kids to make for teacher?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am totally non-crafty and really need some help here. I am the room mom for DS's 2nd grade class. The teacher has announced she is retiring at the end of the school year. There is a reception in less than a month for her and I really want to have the kids make something to give her. I was thinking something like an apron or maybe a sweatshirt where they would all write their names in fabric paint? Or maybe even get a canvas and have them put their handprints and names?? Would love to have some ideas on something that would be a nice keepsake for her. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM

Honestly, I would not make her a craft.  I would have all of the kids write her a letter about what they learned or liked this year possibly with illustrations.  I would then bind it into a book for her.  Somethig crafty is likely to be discarded.  Teachers get so much of that kind of thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks much! I think a scrap book / book of letters from the kids is a great idea. Probably be a lot more meaningful than a sweatshirt or a tote bag.

User Tag List