Handmade Doll - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-15-2011, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I recently stumbled across this doll called Lali Dolls on Ebay while searching for a desired bamboletta doll for my daughter. I found their site www.lalidollnursery.com and have now fallen in love with a new brand. They are so much more affordable than the waldorf dolls and even cuter. Has anyone here purchased one of these dolls and if so, what is it like? Is it well constructed etc. I am hoping to purchase one for my daughter's birthday next month but want to make sure I get a high quality well constructed doll and since this is a brand I've never heard of I wanted to research before I put money into it. Or does anyone know of any other equally cute dolls that can be customized for hair and eye colors from a trusted name?

#2 of 7 Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM

The soft sculpting is well done, but the materials are all synthetic. Waldorf dolls are supposed to be all natural materials and that accounts for part of the price. Considering that the amount of work is probably the same, the Waldorf dolls seem like a better deal to me. You can still get a small Waldorf doll for about the same price on etsy.

#3 of 7 Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply. I thought of that too and although they said they would make me an all natural doll, I decided to try one more time for a Bamboletta, if I can't get that I'll check out some others.

#4 of 7 Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 AM

Don't believe the hype! There are lots of wonderful dolls that are easier to get and don't cost a fortune. Look, these are a delight-

http://hyenacart.com/puddlefoot/mt/2750/93994/11-Waldorf-Inspired-Doll-Autumn

The whole point of the Waldorf toy philosophy is to avoid over commercialization and vapid consumerism Spending a bundle on a trendy, overrated brand is not necessary- you can make an even nicer one, yourself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMayI View Post

Thank you for the reply. I thought of that too and although they said they would make me an all natural doll, I decided to try one more time for a Bamboletta, if I can't get that I'll check out some others.

#5 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 AM

There are many dollmakers on etsy that would love to make a doll for you (me included:-)) that will gladly customize a doll for you. Don't be scared to order from someone who isn't an established brand. Most of us have great customer service :-)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Veelana?section_id=7462940

E.V. Lowi likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 AM

sorry for the double post :)

#7 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM

These are so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelana View Post

There are many dollmakers on etsy that would love to make a doll for you (me included:-)) that will gladly customize a doll for you. Don't be scared to order from someone who isn't an established brand. Most of us have great customer service :-)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Veelana?section_id=7462940

2twins.gif DH, me, DD '11 blowkiss.gif and a new rainbow1284.gifbabyboy.gif born at home April '14! 

familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif cd.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gif winner.jpg 

Tags
Dolls

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page