Photo Album & Scrapbook HELP! Family album vs. each child albums? Combo photo/scrapbook vs. separate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dd is 3 and I still haven't put any of her photos in an album... or done a baby book either.  redface.gif  I'm so ashamed!!!  I really just don't know where to start, and keeping albums is not a hobby I enjoy.  When I look at other people's scrapbooks, I quickly get overwhelmed... I'd love to do it all, but I need a SIMPLE system.  Something I can just stick things in chronologically... nothing "fancy".  Two beginner questions:

1. I have digital photos, newspaper clippings, drawings, etc, and a notebook with my journal entries.  Can I put all this in the same book?  If so, what kind of book would work best?  Or do photos have to go in one book (for archiving or whatever) and scraps in a separate scrapbook?

2. Do you keep a family album or separate albums for each individual child or how does this work best?

Can anybody give some advice to get me started?  Any help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM

I can tell you what I do, but with the disclaimer that scrapbooking is my hobby.  Each of my kids gets their own first year album.  Everything after one year goes in the yearly family album.  They each also get their own birthday party album (But this is totally skip-able if you are not into it.  I just love birthdays and I love scrapbooking but if you don't I'd skip the party albums).

You can put all the clippings in the same book but most people will tell you to either spray them with archival spray (easy to find at scrapbooks type stores) OR back them on scrapbook paper first (I just back them on paper because it seems easier).

The hardest part is getting started.  I always take mine to a crop to work on because I like the social aspect of it.  I don't' like just working on it by myself.

HTH

Old 08-21-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for shedding some light on the mystery, Softmama!  So what does that mean to "back them on scrapbook paper"?  And what kind of scrapbook do you use that you can put everything in? 

Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Im hoping that going digital will solve my problems.  Last week groupon had a discount out for Picaboo.  Hopefully I can get something done for DS in the next couple months.  Groupon i got is good until november.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

User Tag List