play makeup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-21-2011, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my 3 year old daughter is obsessed with makeup.  I personally don't wear makeup (other than chapstick).  But whenever grandma, her aunts, or anyone with a pocket book comes to my house, she asks for their makeup.  She is so cute, that they always share.  But there are a couple things that bother me about this:

1) germs with sharing

2) toxicity of lancome or whatever brand is in their pocket book.

3) she doesnt' know when to stop and then there is bright pink lipstick all over her face!

So I'm using it as an incentive to help her stop sucking her thumb.  I told her that I will buy her makeup when she decides it is time to stop sucking her thumb. 

I need a recommendation of some toxic-free, mess-free, real deal makeup.  It needs to look like the real thing.  Burts Bees chapstick doesn't cut it!  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jenn

#2 of 5 Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM

Oh boy, if you need real make up you might try looking on etsy for some mineral makeup sample kits.

My daughter has a wooden kit (not real makeup) but she loves it.  I picked it up at Toys R Us, it's the FAO line.

I also saw this neat DIY option (again not 'real') http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/08/freecycle-friday-faux-makeup-for-your.html

Mom of three, wife and author of The Eco-Friendly Family blog.

#3 of 5 Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonico View Post

Oh boy, if you need real make up you might try looking on etsy for some mineral makeup sample kits.

My daughter has a wooden kit (not real makeup) but she loves it.  I picked it up at Toys R Us, it's the FAO line.

I also saw this neat DIY option (again not 'real') http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/08/freecycle-friday-faux-makeup-for-your.html

I was actually going to post same blog entry orngbiggrin.gif . This is what we plan on doing for my niece soon.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#4 of 5 Old 09-28-2011, 01:47 PM

I know our local health food stores both have a pretty big section of make-up, have you checked there? I don't wear make-up either, so I'm afraid I'm not much help. shy.gif

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#5 of 5 Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 PM

This is cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonico View Post

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page