Craft Ideas Needed for 9 y.o. DD Birthday Party - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I didn't even know this craft forum existed here...I guess I spend most of my time over in gentle discipline! 

I am going to browse around a little later today, but wanted to beg and plead for any craft ideas for my 9 y.p. dd's birthday party THIS WEEK! She is having about 7 girls over and she wants to do crafts...I thought this was going to be so easy to put together but so far, we have not found any crafts that we are crazy about. I'd like them to be somewhat meaningful, but at the same time, I'm hoping to not spend too much money.

One thing she wants to do is make magnets out of those clear pebble marbles. They should be cute.

Other than that, I've got nothing!! HELP! I'm not really the craftiest person.

Thanks mammas!!! 

#2 of 3 Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM

maybe buy wooden letters in the girls' (first name) initials, and let them paint them? i'd use acrylic paints.

or make paper dolls or collage art? something from magazines or paper, if you don't have supplies and need inexpensive ideas.   (hth)... good luck!

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 3 Old 07-27-2011, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Hi and thanks so much for your reply ms. shell!

I wanted to share what my dd has finally settled on in terms of a craft projects for her birthday:

Glass marble magnets like the ones here: http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets/ and 

these cute clay bead necklaces from http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/kids-accessories#slide_16

lol...just realized one is from marthastewart.com and the other from notmartha.org! 

Should be fun!!  :) 

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page