Which embroidery machine? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking to upgrade my embroidery machine from the Brother SE350 which I have now.  I really want something that I can get free embroidery designs off the computer and transfer them to the machine:

(these for example:) http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/freeembroiderydesigns.aspx?searchtext=halloween

A couple I've looked at online are the Janome 200e, and the Brother PE770.  I'd like something in a similar price range.  So far all of my machines have been Brother or Singer machines and I've liked most of them other than my singer serger (the brother one is great though), and I teach sewing lessons on Viking machines which I really don't like.  I've never used a Janome so I don't know how it compares.

Are either of those good machines?  Or any other ones around the same price?   What should I ask santa for?

#2 of 2 Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does this machine use cards? Have you considered getting a transfer box for like $100 and downloading designs to that. That's what I do with my babylock ellure. I have tons of free designs. 

Is there something you don't like about your current machine? 

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page