I made lots of pocket diapers, but... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...they leak! Apparently pockets are not the best for side sleepers anyway, and I think they'd fit an older baby better and not leak. But I'm not sure. If they will work when dd is older, I will keep them, but if they will leak anyway while she sleeps on her side, maybe I should get rid of them. Also, if I get rid of them, I really don't want to just throw them away, but don't know if it would be right to sell them if they might leak. Maybe I could disclose all this and sell them for really cheap?

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-18-2011, 02:44 PM

Do they leak when she's wearing them and not sleeping?  Are they OS or sized?  What are you stuffing them with?  When they leak are the inserts soaked or dry?  Where are they leaking (out the leg hole, in the stitching, etc.)?  All of that is going to dictate whether they'll work better for an older/bigger baby, and whether or not I'd say go ahead and sell them. 

We've tried lots of dipes.  Many didn't work for us but were still perfectly serviceable.  Some weren't.  You just need to learn the difference. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#3 of 4 Old 12-18-2011, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

They were stuffed with microfiber cloth, hemp/microfiber inserts, or a flat diaper. They leaked anytime. They are os and leaked out the leg hole, as if it was too big. The insert wouldn't be soaked, necessarily.

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

#4 of 4 Old 12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Is the leg hole snug, or is it gaping?  If it's gaping, it's just too big, and you may have to wait until she's a bit bigger.  If it's snug, then I'd suspect wicking or something similar. 

There are a few things you can try to see if they can help - it may mean sacrificing one dipe to figure it out though.  What's the fastener you're using?  My DS had super-skinny legs until about 9 mos, and this was a huge source of leaks for us.  We could only use side snapping dipes because they let you tighten the leg separately from the waist.  Or you can try tightening the elastic - the problem with that is if these are OS dipes, that could become a problem later, in which case button-hole elastic might be the answer.

HTH

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Tags
Diaper Making

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page