What is you favorite fabric combo for new baby fitted diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I am on a roll and want to make some little tiny diapers for the new kid- will probably regret it since DS3 was 9.5 lbs- but whatever.  I really love the diaper kit pattern- so that is what I will be using...  I think I will make several fitted diapers and may probably a few AIOs since I have some random amounts of PUL from the latest diaper making for DS.  Anyway- how many layers do you all think?  Same as for bigger diapers?  I never loved the Kissaluvs because of the lack of absorbency...  so I don't want to make them with not enough...  I was also thinking of getting some more velour for the little one.  Really is there anything nicer?  Probably not...  I don't really have the synthetic love....  And usually we go without covers- so I know I need about a million...

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wave.gif

I'd definitely go with the same number of layers.  That's one of the things I hated about NB dipes, they never had enough absorbency, and I was changing the blankets after every pee, and that was with a wool cover!

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Tags
Diaper , Diaper Making

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page