do it yourself elastic replacement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this since most people are probably GOOD at sewing here....LOL

How hard is it for someone who can just sew a button on to replace the elastic in pockets?? I am contemplating it but am nervous I'll mess them up. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 AM

You would absolutely need a sewing machine - and a seam ripper.  you would need to open the diaper (this is assuming the elastic is inside the diaper, around the legs and waist - or is this fold-over elastic?) 

fold over elastic would be a little easier to replace - but a seam ripper and sewing machine would still be necessary

i think i saw on Diaper swappers a forum where WAHM moms did this service for a fee.....dont have time to look for it now - sorry - but i think this job may be a little more out bounds.

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I found an online tutorial on youtube where you use scissors to snip the ends of the fleece at the end of the leg elastic, thread the new elastic through using a safety pin, then sew in the end of the elastic, then the fleece. The video makes it look fairly easy (albeit time consuming) and I'm back and forth about it. I've got fuzzi bunz.

Tags
Diaper , Diaper Making
User Tag List