Mothering Forum banner

Is there a site like Ravelry but for sewing?

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  kitchensqueen 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any good sites where one might find some sewing projects?

Thanks!

#7 ·
lurk.gif
Me too! Hopefully my pinterest request will get accepted soon! (although I see my evening productivity level going in the toilet very quickly....)

#10 ·
http://sewing.patternreview.com/ is great for looking up reviews of patterns. You can just type in pattern numbers or names in that box in the upper left column (for example, if I want to look up Simplicity 2372, I can just enter 2372 in the search box and it comes up with everything with that number) and find all sorts of reviews and pictures from people who have sewn it up.

It's a little trickier to find reviews from Ottobre or Colette, since they don't rely so heavily on numbers. I jus type in the pattern name for Colette patterns. Also, you can just look up items by type (eg, skirts), and look at things made with certain types of fabric.

Also has reviews of sewing machines, online stores, books, and pretty much anything else to do with sewing. And has its own forum, as well as online classes, and lots of contests. And a place to organize some of your pattern stash.

#15 ·
If you look at the blogger blog of Threadshare all you see is s blurb saying that Rachel would like to have a sewing site.

The logo is different than the Threadshare that is a site about curating your favorite things.

But, really, the blog seems to have zilch information about what the intent of a Threadshare sewing site would be. And having the same name as another organization seems really unfortunate.

#16 ·
I think I actually found one! It's called Kollabora - a "community for makers". It's a share site, where you can share the projects you're working on. It's more than just sewing; it's for all kinds of DIY endeavors, but the sewing section seems particularly robust. It's totally free, and you can follow other markers to see their projects, comment on things and upload your own makes. I just joined too. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.