So wanting to rework what my twins sleep in, they are turning two and so too young to keep covers on all night.
i personally tend strongly to down conformers because they seem to regulate more than just warm and dont get stuffy as quick. I'm very worried about over dressing my wee ones, since i know how much i move in and out of covers all night to regulates temps. seems frustrating to dress kids in one thing they can't do anything about and hope it works all night. or underdressing them, both leads to much more tossing in turning in me, so i assume in them too.
currently we have been doing fleece footed PJ's when it gets cold, but i dont like the way they don't breathe. plus they usually end up in our bed at some point and are too hot under our covers since we are set up for nearly naked sleeping. so i also was thinking of something that would be very easy to take an outer layer off if they were to be snuggling into bed with us. but who knows, unless they are the one that ends up in the middle of the two of us, they might not be under the covers anyway, the one on the outside tends to wander around more.
anyway my random thoughts, please chime in
- anyway i have been thinking of building a thin down comforter sleep sack, probably start with a good twin down comforter and stitch around each pattern piece both inside out outside of my cut lines before any cutting, that way the down would stay in place.
- probably make it pretty wide at the bottom for more a sense of openness. like a simple A frame
- thinking the zipper would go around the outside rather than down the frint, i like having the front smooth, plus being able to open into two pieces is nice
- thinking of also having some sort of snap in liner "sheet" so that could be washed and have a few sets of rather than having to throw the whole thing in the wash as much. would want the liner to have a top and bottom and snap to each side, both to avoid tangled legs and to also make taking off and on more streamlined. while we dont have overnight diaper changes except once in a blue moon, a quick removal pores is always a good thing. i would also like it to be something that i can simply lay a sleeping kid on and then put the top/front on it, and likewise simply remove the top while the kid is sleeping too.
- was thinking about arms, not sure, maybe have them snap on as options.
- since this is down and therefor compressible enough to be considered clothing for a car, i will put a snapped flap in it for the seatbelt crotch portion to come thru
- id like to think that weight wise it would be great for them to just have semi thin cotton non footed PJ's under them.
- we tend to aim for about 65ish at night in the house
So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!
|40 members and 8,507 guests|
|abelitz , AlexBrown , bluefaery , ChantalM , Danielleyc203 , girlspn , greenemami , happyhats , Holistic Momma , Incubator , joandsarah77 , katelove , LiLStar , mama24-7 , Mathemom , Milk8shake , moominmamma , mumof3 , NaturallyKait , OliviaA , PeacefulSeams , poppan , prosciencemum , pulcetti , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , SandiMae , sarafl , sofreshsoclean , Springshowers , sunnygogo , TheBugsMomma , Tigerle , Willow78 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|