52 Project Challenge, 2013 - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 606 Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Love the dress on your daughter on the swings, cute!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#602 of 606 Old 12-28-2013, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Smokering- I have a Janome 6600 (they have updated that model since I bought mine to something like the Super Galaxy 950000 starship auto crafter or the like... maybe actually it is just a 7000?)  Anyway- I LOVE it!  I upgraded to that from a 6500- and the upgrades were definitely worth it.  I can free motion a kingsize quilt with it and it has a ton of stitch options that I never use, the thread cutting button, needle up/needle down, start/stop, and I believe all the other features you mentioned.  Might be a little higher than your range- but my dealer takes trade ins sight unseen- so.... you know...  check that out?  My dealer also gets in the ones with smudged paint and those end up being way more reasonable as well.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#603 of 606 Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
1. Blanket for Marley (rainbow)
2. Blanket for Abby (white and pastel)
3. Blanket for SC baby (mint and white)
4. RTA furniture (2 bar stools, 1 lamp, 1 butterfly table)
5. 3 intense journals for therapy
6. Blanket for CM ( grey, green, blue, yellow)
7. Blanket - for HH or donation (pink and grey)
8. Blanket - for HH or donation(mint and creme
9. Washcloth - for HH or donation (green/white)
10. Blanket -for D (peacock colors)
11. Blanket- for HH or donation (dk gray/purple/lt gray)
12. Car seat/lap blanket for Abby (peach)
13. pink/red/green baby hat -Abby
14. Dark gray/orange/light gray circle blanket-ME
15.Green sweater - Abby
16. Kiddo blanket (blue, yellow, multi green, yellow, blue white)  - bday gift
17. ruffle scarf (rainbow)- unknown present
18. ruffle scarf (purple alpaca) - unk present
19. ruffle scarf (purple, grey, drk gray) - unk present
20. ruffle scarf ( purple, grey, drk gray)- unk present
21. Care Bear Latch Hook - unk, maybe frame and keep?
22. ruffle scarf (purple white alpaca)
23. using up *^^**^^&*((^*(%^*(&**)(*)(* yarn and making a granny square blanket for donation. - still working on this
25. ruffle scarf (blue orange grey) unk present
24. ruffle scarf (purple, white, etc) - unk present

25. ruffle hat/rainbow- Abby

26. blue snowflake hat - abby

27. pepper hat - kiddo (halloween costume piece)

28. shades of blue blanket - present stash

29. beanie hat-kiddo

30. Rainbow Pinafore - abby

31. Rainbow Pinafor - Marley

32. rainbow hat - marley mommy

33. striped blanket - present stash

34. pinafore - SOLD

35.rainbow hat - M

36. rainbow hat - G

37. rainbow hat - abby

38. Cowl - sis -blech

39. shawl - nurse at derm office (cuz she puts up with me and my psych issues.... i love her)

40. shawl - mother- blech

41.scarf - ME

42. purple granny blanket - gift

43. scarf and headwarp set - gift

44. blueberry lemondade scarf - mine

45. pink lemondade scarf/cowl - art teacher present

46. shawl for T

47. fruit punch scarf- gift

48- too much pink shwal - wip- present

49. assembled lanp and table for living room - go me!

50. ruffle scarf

51. pink baby hat #1

52. pink baby hat #2

53. queen anne scarf

OMG  more than 52.....

50-52 used up scraps... dual purpose.. yeah

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#604 of 606 Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hey, it's twelve past midnight. New Year for me. Happy New Year, everyone!

I made a dress. It is twirly:

And has a high-waisted bodice from a rather unattractive Ottobre shift-dress pattern with sleeves, and a self-drafted skirt section. I wanted to avoid the Empire look, so it doesn't flare out until the hips.

Annnnnnnd, best of all - I can breastfeed in it!

I'm cutting out another version already. I like it. The underbust zip thing wouldn't work if you were full-busted, unless maybe you had stretchy fabric; but for me it works fine. (I think. Haven't tested it with an actual baby yet, but the salient areas are accessible.)

I'll definitely be doing this challenge again next year - er, this year - but instead of a six-garments-for-myself goal, I'm going to up it to ten. Thanks for all the support and inspirational photos this year, guys! It's been fun. :)

Iowa: I looked up the Janome 6600, but someone said it doesn't have a free arm - is that true? I sew a lot of shirt cuffs and toddler shorts and the like, so I really need one. It does look good, though. It's technically a leetle out of my price range, but then, I've been seduced by a Pfaff Ambition 1.5, which is similarly over budget, so... who knows. Depends how much money DH makes next year. :p

In the mean time I'm quite happy sewing on Mum's trusty old monster. That grey dress? I did an invisible hem on it. By machine. Until two days ago I didn't know you could do that. I had a vague impression the invisible hem stitch was a funky decorative zigzag. And the broken zigzag stitch? Yup, found out what that does too. You can finish seams with it without getting the tunnely folding-over effect you get with a wide zigzag stitch. Who knew, right? Probably everyone, but it was a paradigm shift for me. And here I am lusting after 600-stitch machines when I still don't know what half my 15 stitches do!

HappyHappyMommy likes this.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#605 of 606 Old 01-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Will there be a new thread for 2014?

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#606 of 606 Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Now that I'm back from gallivanting around with family for the holidays and I have all the pictures that were being held hostage on a different hard drive, I can post my last projects of 2013! 

There were lots of Christmas presents! 

I made this felted cloche for my sister.  46/52

I thought it turned out so cute, I made a matching one for her daughter.  47/52

Pair of socks for my little guy, should have made them just a bit bigger, they are already almost too small :( 48/52

I made 2 crocheted and starched crowns for my other nieces.  They were a little more fragile than I had hoped, but they were well received.  I only have a picture of 1.  50/52

I made a pair of oven mitts for my mom, the pattern I used was kind of small though :/  51/52

This minecraft hat was for my nephew, he was pretty excited about it, which made me happy.  9 year old boys can be tricky to craft for.   52/52-GOAL!!!

A new pair of mittens for DS1, these have lots of room to grow 53/52

And I revamped an old eye mask for my dad, who is going to be flying overseas a few times this year, but I didn't get a picture.  54/52

See you in the new thread :)

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

Tags
Arts And Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page