In response to creating a knitted/crochet or fabric bean bag chair; It can be done by loom or hand knit or fabric ( See Here) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

see this link: http://www.pickles.no/puff-daddy-knitted-stool

or  http://www.flaxandtwine.com/2012/04/tweed-pouf-easy-chunky-knit.html

42 stitch's in garter stitch, rectangle shape;  stitch together both ends of the rectangle creating a cylinder  then spool knit a cord to  bind the sides leaving room on one side to stuff with the foamy materials (can also untie and re-stuff if the materials get flat) I asked my daughter Emily; she is 13 if she would be interested in a bean bag chair - she was very excited - I had her pick out colors from my yarn stash - because she is involved she is really looking forward to it being finished.

We are using hobby lobby yarn bee bouche traditions grape tones 2 ball skeins. I am doing my bean bag chair on the knifty knitter large yellow peg loom it has 41 pegs and I can seal the ends by using the hat brim flip over stitch and just put the spool cord through in the beginning of the knitting and close it when finished  When I finish the knitting I will inside out the knitting so the garter stitch (Perl side) will be showing  -  also for the stuffing I read on the article you can use one of those new stretchy garbage bags in the bean bag chair and fill it with stuffing and that will prevent it from spilling out stuffing through use, wear and tear. I like that this bean bag chair will not need zippers and can be washed in the washing machine just by removing the plastic garbage bag inside it with the stuffing. 

I advise a bulky yarn or double knit (using two balls of yarn  at the same time) when you do this that way the white plastic bag holding the stuffing will not show no matter how many times it is jumped upon. - This can also be done with fabric and sewed by hand or machine doesn't have to be knitted or crocheted  Have fun! 

#2 of 2 Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

additional note - if you knit or crochet a bean bag chair;  if you still have visual (holes) where you can see the white garbage bag inside or are leaking stuffing cause you did not use a garbage bag;  you can always use knitted spool cord to weave it in and out of the holes or use fabric strips to create texture on the bean bag chair and hide any holes that may appear out of use.  

Knitting 3 stitches repetitively will make spool cord any length you need. - 

I am half way through making this bean bag chair - because it is straight garter stitch it is just going so fast.  I am honestly surprised how quickly it is being made.  Emily made the spool cord and has helped with the creation and is looking very much forward to having her own bean bag chair to watch televison, and playstation games with in the living room. She likes the idea of her own personal chair. 

I like that just about any craft that can create a rectangle can make a bean bag chair.  Have fun!

Happy Crafting!

Tags
Fabric , Sewing , Yarn , Toys , Crochet , Knitting , Arts And Crafts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page