I can't count crochet stitches when working in the round??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know which is the first stitch and which is the last stitch.  Every video shows how to do the stitches, but I can't find one that shows exactly which is the first stitch and which is the last stitch when counting in the round. 

It's not as easy as knitting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 06:43 PM

Can you plAce a stitch marker (the kind that open and close) in your first stitch? Other than that, I've got nothing. I'm a knitter.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 PM

I find this difficult too. As annoying as it is, the best solution I've found is placing a stitch marker.  I hate having to move it each round, but I find the generic aqua and orange plastic ones you can find at nearly all craft stores to be pretty easy to move.  They're like a fat, plastic safety pin. 

Old 08-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I must be a geek... cuz my brain just keep track of these things...  I know, im not much of a help... sorry.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

I knit and crochet.  Use the loop-style markers if you want to move them easily.  They can fall out, but are easier to move than safety-pin types.  Even a small strand of opposite-color yarn can be quickly stitched or looped through that first stitch, and it's more likely to stay in place, though not as fun being so damned frugal at the yarn store (yes!  you do need all those fun markers, and I promise not to let anyone's dp know there might be another way!  Go on and buy them becuase I looove opening up my goody box and seeing all those cool little tools!  Happyhappyhappy.....)  You can pull out the yarn when you're done.  You could move it, or leave it in and add another one.  But that's so boring and practical.

It's been a couple of months, how's it going?

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Crochet
User Tag List