HELP!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Am crocheting a nice hat from Drops Design.  Don't understand directions row 5-8.  They say     Continue inc the same way, i.e. inc 10 dc in every round, increase the same place as on previous rounds, i.e. 1 dc more between every inc on every round.  Inc as before by working 2 dc i 1 dc- 80(90)dc.

I am new to crochet and have no idea where they want me to do what....  thanks for any help  garl7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!

Anyone have any help to offer?

#3 of 4 Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is confusing!  I'm not certain, but I think it means you're adding another 10 DC to each round.  So if round 4 had a total of 20 stitches, round 5 would have 30, round 6 would have 40 and so on.  If you were increasing every other stitch on round 4, you might increase every third stitch in round 5, every fourth stitch in round 6 and so on.  Does that make sense?  I might be wrong, but with the directions you've included that's what I would try.  Also, I'm not sure if you were also asking how to increase, but all you need to do is do 2 DC in the same stitch.  I taught myself how to crochet a few years ago almost exclusively by watching youtube videos.  I highly recommend that approach if you don't know anyone nearby who can show you in person!  Good luck!!

#4 of 4 Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Increase TEN DOUBLE CROCHET each round in the exact same place as other increases (seems you have been increasing stitches before)  To increase you put 2 double crochet in one double crochet.. so 2 double crochet in each stitch.  If your last row had 80 stitches, you next row will have 90 stitches.   But you are always going to increase in the same section of the hat- does that make sense?

** I know I'm late to respond... hopefully you figured it out by now/!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Tags
Crochet

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page