Anyone start Holiday crafting yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Some of the things I am planning on this year take a while to settle down. Perfumes for one, and tinctures for another. I was thinking of doing a pine sap soap and shoe polish set for my dad.

So I've started the holiday craftravaganza! Have you?

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#2 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sort of starting this weekend.  Going shopping tomorrow for supplies to do some knitted boot slippers for my daughter, my niece's 3 daughters and probably my sisters.  The pair this weekend will be for me, though, as a test run before making any I'll be giving away.  Plus, I want a pair before the cool fall weather starts.

I just remembered that I have actually started, though. I've canned one batch of pickles and most of those jars will be gifts.  Still have to make at least one other batch to have enough for gifts and for us.  Also will be canning some salsa to give away, too.

#3 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Yes started...  been making things to keep busy and use up some 'older' yarn.  Really want to buy new yarn in 2014 so this is motivation to give a 'handmade' holiday for me.  Plus I have several birthdays at the end of the year (sister and father ugh)  plus DS is in Sept. 

This are really busy from Sept til the New Year.  I love the fall season and even though its 100 degrees here I'm buried in yarn.

And I need to make DS a halloween hat ;)

ian'smommaya likes this.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#4 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love the handmade by me idea. One of the things I like about winter celebrations is the handmade gifts.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

Tags
Arts And Crafts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page