Where do you buy your tea towels for embroidery? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am just now, this minute, learning to embroider.  I bought some tea towels on line, and while they were cheap, the quality matches the price.  So thin!

Anyone with any good deals on where to buy tea towels in bulk?  I mean, in lots of 12-24, I'm not talking hundreds.  They don't have to be the absolute highest quality, but not the lowest, either.

#2 of 5 Old 11-05-2013, 01:52 PM

if you can sew, making your own can save a bundle although it is more work. they are fairly simple though. I have found the cheapest price for the quality to be tj maxx or ross or any other of those discount type stores.

#3 of 5 Old 11-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I buy mine from sublimestitching.com.  I like the weight and I have some that are 8 - 10 years old and still holding up well.  I don't guess you can buy them in bulk, but they're inexpensive.

#4 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

What sort of material does one use for tea towels?  Does Hobby Lobby, Hancock, or Walmart sell flour-sack cloth?  Does it go by another name?

#5 of 5 Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 AM

I use 100% cotton, and i prefer a home-decor weight (a bit thicker than quilting cottons). they sell it at any fabric store. 

I know that target has flour sack type towels, if i were to embroider on them, i would definitely wash them first and dry them so they can shrink up a bit. I assume that walmart has something like that as well. You can use any towel basically, as long as it isn't terry texture. 

Tags
Embroider

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page