2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2 3  4  ... Last
Arts & Crafts > 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects
iowaorganic's Avatar iowaorganic 02:42 AM 01-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Nice projects, everyone!

1. Give birth to DS-done!

Awww congratulations!  That one was first on my list but hasn't been accomplished yet.

AfricanQueen99's Avatar AfricanQueen99 07:28 AM 01-12-2014
Great job, Lida!
Angelorum's Avatar Angelorum 12:09 PM 01-12-2014

Yay!  What a precious little FO you made :D

Angelorum's Avatar Angelorum 10:50 PM 01-12-2014

2 more projects done!

First, a soaker made from scraps.  A little weird looking, but it does the job and I really needed it. 3/52

And I made myself a garter belt.  I knitted a pair of cabled stockings a few months ago, but hadn't really worn them yet because they get baggy 'round the knees with nothing to hold them up.  I wore them today with the new garter and it worked great, though I may replace the grips on them (accidentally bought detachable ones, and they tend to fall off the elastics when they aren't in use) 4/52

katelove's Avatar katelove 01:49 AM 01-13-2014
Congratulations Lida!

Iowaorganic, I hope your turn comes soon. Mine were born at 41+6 and 41+3 so I have some idea about the waiting.

I'm working on a backpack for DD1, who starts kindy on the 28th. I would also like to make her a couple of pairs of shorts but she needs the backpack on the first day so it has priority. I'm using the Birch fabrics Little Hitchhiker tutorial, enlarged by a few inches http://birchfabrics.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/tutorial-little-hitchhiker-backpack.html?m=1
lilacvioletiris's Avatar lilacvioletiris 03:57 AM 01-13-2014
Kate that is a great tutorial link for the backpack.
iowaorganic's Avatar iowaorganic 02:32 PM 01-13-2014

2/52

This is my Not-$106-scarf.  I used a hank of lambs pride burly spun and did a simple seed stitch (what I decided on after frogging 6" swatches 7 times)  then I needle felted the flowers on using roving scraps I have had for years.  I love it.  It was easy and fun and I can't wait to wear it with my denim jacket (once that fits).  I think it is the perfect scarf for early spring- cheery and fun but warm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=559834730774637&set=a.357598460998266.86782.100002443447624&type=1&theater

I am thinking about knitting a tiny new baby beanie out of some thin cream alpaca and then if it is a girl I will needle felt flowers onto that too to match.  Also I went through my knitting bag and found a baby sweater that I have about half done that I should really finish quickly since I think this baby might not fit in it already :)  How did I forget about it?

katelove's Avatar katelove 02:44 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

Kate that is a great tutorial link for the backpack.

It's pretty cool isn't it. I looked at quite a few but I liked that one the best. I will post a pic when I finish it.
bohemianmama's Avatar bohemianmama 06:59 PM 01-13-2014
Picture of first 2 projects. We live in a very small 1950s home in the middle of AK. My year of projects will mostly be trying to make it pretty.

#1 longies for DD2

#2 black out curtains for livingroom

zebra15's Avatar zebra15 08:23 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

2/52

This is my Not-$106-scarf.  I used a hank of lambs pride burly spun and did a simple seed stitch (what I decided on after frogging 6" swatches 7 times)  then I needle felted the flowers on using roving scraps I have had for years.  I love it.  It was easy and fun and I can't wait to wear it with my denim jacket (once that fits).  I think it is the perfect scarf for early spring- cheery and fun but warm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=559834730774637&set=a.357598460998266.86782.100002443447624&type=1&theater

I am thinking about knitting a tiny new baby beanie out of some thin cream alpaca and then if it is a girl I will needle felt flowers onto that too to match.  Also I went through my knitting bag and found a baby sweater that I have about half done that I should really finish quickly since I think this baby might not fit in it already :)  How did I forget about it?

love the scarf...

Angelorum's Avatar Angelorum 09:16 PM 01-13-2014

The scarf turned out great, Iowa.  Love the idea for the baby hat too.  I made a few baby things out of cream colored wool when I was pregnant with ds1, and then I dyed them boy colors once he came out and I knew he was a he. 

katelove's Avatar katelove 09:30 PM 01-13-2014
Great scarf, Iowa. I love the flowers. And they would look great on a baby girl's beanie.

Are you familiar with this blog www.sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.com
She does some lovely things with crocheted flowers. I love the shawl with cherry edging.
iowaorganic's Avatar iowaorganic 02:30 AM 01-14-2014

Thanks Ladies!  I love it.  

Katelove- that blog makes me wish I could crochet.  However somethings in life are just not meant to be lol.  

lilacvioletiris's Avatar lilacvioletiris 12:53 PM 01-14-2014
Lovethe scarf!
katelove's Avatar katelove 05:31 PM 01-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

Thanks Ladies!  I love it.  

Katelove- that blog makes me wish I could crochet.  However somethings in life are just not meant to be lol.  

Ugh, I know what you mean. I'm trying to learn but it really doesn't seem to be my thing.
invierna's Avatar invierna 12:49 PM 01-15-2014

Wow, you ladies are so inspired, and inspiring! I'm ready to jump in, too. Like bohemianmama a lot of what I do is try to make my house prettier/more functional, but my ambitions are all over the place. I'm going to track the things I do that qualify as "projects" in my mind, even though they won't all be crafty/photogenic. Here is what I'm working on so far this year:

1. Make a new baby

2. Basic cozy blanket for J

3. Join Herd share

4. Basic curtains for J's room

5. MG planting plan

6. MG master plan

7. MG contract

8. Recover dining room chairs

9. Make cheese: queso fresca & chevre

10. Parental planning summit & result mapping

11. Start sourdough starter

12. New Year's cards (/valentines?)

13. Business plan

14. Plan garden expansion/go thru seeds/order seeds

15. File taxes

iowaorganic's Avatar iowaorganic 04:03 PM 01-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invierna View Post

Wow, you ladies are so inspired, and inspiring! I'm ready to jump in, too. Like bohemianmama a lot of what I do is try to make my house prettier/more functional, but my ambitions are all over the place. I'm going to track the things I do that qualify as "projects" in my mind, even though they won't all be crafty/photogenic. Here is what I'm working on so far this year:

1. Make a new baby

2. Basic cozy blanket for J

3. Join Herd share

4. Basic curtains for J's room

5. MG planting plan

6. MG master plan

7. MG contract

8. Recover dining room chairs

9. Make cheese: queso fresca & chevre

10. Parental planning summit & result mapping

11. Start sourdough starter

12. New Year's cards (/valentines?)

13. Business plan

14. Plan garden expansion/go thru seeds/order seeds

15. File taxes

Good list!  I am expanding our garden as well this year and that will be a lot of projects right there :)

FillingMyQuiver's Avatar FillingMyQuiver 02:28 PM 01-16-2014

2 dishcloths knitted up

2/52

I still have so much on my list to get done and my kids are really not giving me much time to work on them.

-finish DD3's hobby horse

-repair DD1 and DD2's hobby horses (they both broke their sticks, need to replace them)

-make 2 more gnomes to complete DD4's set

-make Waldorf doll for DD4's 1st b-day

-sew upcycled sweater throw pillow

-sew upcycled dress shirt throw pillow

-sew at least 50 sets of diapers for Teeny Tears (100 diapers total, this is a service project to work on w/ DD1)

-sew 3 walker caddies for local retirement home (service project to work on w/ DD)

Lidamama84's Avatar Lidamama84 03:26 PM 01-16-2014
Iowaorganic, fx'd your turn is soon for project #1!!! I had DS at 41+1 (induction for IUGR).

The transition to three kids is so far much less stressful than from #1 to #2. Probably because I have such low expectations, lol. On the other hand, I have had lots of great ideas for projects because I'm not stressing about the kids. I will come back with a few ideas later, when I'm at a computer. Been stalking pinterest and blogs while nursing/rocking baby, lol! We are also going to expand our garden this spring to grow vegetables.
lilacvioletiris's Avatar lilacvioletiris 04:21 PM 01-16-2014

Been looking at pinterest for a few ideas for my next project. My twins are sleeping right now, but I got to figure out how to get the rest I need and still do some creating things. Granted these babies are almost 4 weeks old so I need to keep my expectations low. Their sleep allowed me to eat supper with my husband without holding the babies at the same time.  I need to find some cute little boy creations. I know someone recommend Ottobre but I haven't looked into it yet.

iowaorganic's Avatar iowaorganic 02:04 AM 01-19-2014

3/52  

Gave birth :)  

lilacvioletiris's Avatar lilacvioletiris 02:33 AM 01-19-2014
Congratulations!
AfricanQueen99's Avatar AfricanQueen99 06:24 AM 01-19-2014
Yay Iowa!
invierna's Avatar invierna 09:47 AM 01-19-2014

hooray @iowaorganic! congratulations!

Angelorum's Avatar Angelorum 11:22 AM 01-19-2014

Hooray!  Congrats, Iowa!

zebra15's Avatar zebra15 11:47 AM 01-19-2014

WTG IOWA!

zebra15's Avatar zebra15 11:55 AM 01-19-2014

#1 piece of advice to my future self.....FINISH YOUR UFOs LADY! Quit cutting out more things until you sew up what you've got cut out!!! Hear me? Otherwise known as STOP BUYING YARN??

1. ruffle scarf (made from the most horrible scratchy yarn ever - but that is what the  reciepitent chose

2. shawl (MINE!)  monets garden shawl

3.queen annes lace scarf

4. bucket hat

5. Ribbon Candy Shawl/Scarf

6. Shawl - covered in lettuce

I love love LOVE malabrigo silky merino yarn and even though  both shawls yarn is fromt he same dye lot I love how the dye adhers to the yarn differently.  Art is beautiful!

katelove's Avatar katelove 07:16 PM 01-19-2014
Congratulations, Iowa!! Welcome little one.

This is my list as it stands at the moment. It's going to be a big year for babies it seems. Not mine but several close friends and family members.

1. Kindy shorts for DD1 x3 pairs
2. Kindy backpack for DD1 (Jan) This is what I'm working on at the moment. I'm using the Birch fabrics "Little Hitchhiker's" tutorial but I've enlarged it slightly.
3. A couple of totes for me to keep sewing projects in.
4. Storybook Toys "cottontail rabbit" x2. Easter presents for DD1 & DD2 (April)
5. Lap quilt and pillow x2 for DD1 & DD2. I've had the fabric for this for nearly two years.
6. Quilt for my nephew/niece (May)
7. Notebook cover. DH has asked me to do this for his work notebooks.
8. Trousers for me x2 pairs.
9. Knit shirts for me x2.
10. Teacup pincushion
11. Cushion for playroom
12. Rectangular casserole dish carrier
13. Round casserole dish carrier
14. Felt Christmas decorations. I have a magazine with patterns for some folk art-style birds, reindeer etc and I also want to do the pointsettia on nana-company blog's Christmas label-a-thon from last year.
15. Baby quilt (June)
16. Baby quilt (August)

That's all on my list for now. I'm currently working on the backpack which needs to be finished by next Tuesday when DD1 starts kindy.
Angelorum's Avatar Angelorum 03:18 PM 01-20-2014

Made a quickie crochet hat yesterday/today

5/52

AfricanQueen99's Avatar AfricanQueen99 04:33 PM 01-20-2014

I know this is cheating because I would have to do it anyway, but I'm totally counting the science fair project we worked on all day yesterday and today.  Holy crap - it was a LOT of work!  And she's only 7!

3/52

Tags: Knitting , Crochet , Fine Arts , Arts And Crafts , Arts Crafts
1  2 3  4  ... Last

Up