Mothering Forum banner

2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects

12K views 231 replies 23 participants last post by  zebra15 
#1 ·
Someone asked to start a new thread.... here ya go ladies....

Day one...

#2 ·
Here's my spot! :)

New Projects

1. 2 Pettiskirts for surro-daughters

2. Cape for surro-son

3. Curtains for my bedroom.

4. Hanging wet bag for kitchen

5. Sew something quilty. I go to quilt club every week..but haven't ever done a quilted anything <oops>.

6. shelf liner for last shelf in bedroom

7. 3-5 more utili-kilts (three to five projects, but I'll just list as one here)

8. leggings or me

9. skirt or two for me

10. more cord keepers for self/sale

#1 piece of advice to my future self.....FINISH YOUR UFOs LADY! Quit cutting out more things until you sew up what you've got cut out!!! Hear me?

01: 01.04 Duvet Cover

02: 01.04 Unplastic Wraps

03: 01.04 Belt

04: 01.04 Tiny Knitted Hats

05:

06:

07:

08:

09:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

#4 ·
This is my year to seriously get my act together!

COMPLETE!!
1. Christmas card organization (2007-present) - 1/2
2. Ornament boxes for kids (3) - 1/7
3. Science fair project - 1/20 (a crapload of work!)
4. Hearts for door decorations x 56 - 1/31
5. C's birthday party *stuff* - 3/29
6. Started a new Brownie sash with dozens of patches - 3/30

KINDNESS KID COMPLETED PROJECTS:
1. Bags for the homeless (6) - January
2. Decorated cans for food pantry - February

WANTS:
Felted sweater stockings (5)
Felted sweater tree skirt
Accordion book for Santa photos (2006-present)

#6 ·
I'm in, but don't have a list of projects just ideas to run off of. I do know that #1 will be finishing the giant crocheted t-shirt rug I'm working on now though. And I know I want to make dd some AG doll clothes & maybe some food for her dolls too. And I want to sew myself an abaya or two as well - would love to have those done before July. Maybe I'll get an abaya done for dd too as an Eid gift.

Mostly I want to attack the 4 totes of fabric I have that are taking up space in my storage room.

1. Crocheted t-shirt rug for living room

#9 ·
I am ready to get started on new projects this year. I got 42 of 52 done next year. I am excited to get started on some things for my little boys.

#10 ·
I'm tentatively joining... I've had the desire to do this for a couple of years, but haven't made more than a few things a year. I really want to spend a little more time in 2014 pursuing my own little interests.

I'd like to do a few paintings for the home and sew a few things for myself... and play with all of my pinterest fantasies...
:drool

#13 ·
I wrote this into our family budget to make sure it will happen.

1. Purple longies for DD2
2. Gray black out curtains for living room
3. Crochet hat for DH
4 . Cleaned out under kitchen sink. Replaced all toxic cleaners with homemade
5. Dyed over Lola's sweater. Fixing bleach stain
6. Kids closet shelving

#14 ·
I did this a few years ago but bailed after 3 months. I need to make attempt again because my studio is overrun with half finished projects. Going to mull over a list for a bit and then update.

-finish DD3's hobby horse

-repair DD1 and DD2's hobby horses (they both broke their sticks, need to replace them)

-make 2 more gnomes to complete DD4's set

-make Waldorf doll for DD4's 1st b-day

-sew upcycled sweater throw pillow

-sew upcycled dress shirt throw pillow

-sew at least 50 sets of diapers for Teeny Tears (100 diapers total, this is a service project to work on w/ DD1)

-sew 3 walker caddies for local retirement home (service project to work on w/ DD)

#15 ·
I am in.

1. get baby out. lol.

2. make a cover stitch machine cover for my mom.

3. make a potato sack purse for my sister.

4. make a sewing machine cover and serger cover for myself.

5. finish my thrummed mitten.

6. make another thrummed mitten to finish a different pair.

Ohhh you know what I really really want to make? The knitting shop has this yarn that is soooo stinking cool. It is cream wool with felted flowers in it that they knit into a scarf. Insanely expensive (like $30 for the skien) - but perhaps the cutest thing I have ever seen. Perhaps I should pick up a skein and make it for myself if I haven't had the baby by the next time I go to town.... Might make the wait more bearable. I think it is about the quickest knit ever.

#16 ·
First 4 days of the year, first four projects knocked out. I need to keep up this momentum as I aim to have 52 done before Dec 1 as I really petered out last year.

#1 Duvet cover for my bed. I used a sheet set and then added another coordinating flat sheet for the backing. I got a new wool comforter for Christmas and needed a new duvet cover as my old one was too small.

#2 Unplastic wrappers for bowls.

#3 Belt for the little guy to keep up his pants.

#4 Some tiny knit hats for gifts.

#17 ·
Hi ladies- I have been working on finishing my thrummed mitten. Getting closer :)

Stopped at the knitting shop to pick up that gorgeous yarn and I must have looked at the price wrong before. It was actually $53... and it took 2! So since that is clearly out of my budget I am trying to muster up the motivation to make my own version. I have lots of random roving bits and I could definitely spring for a skien of cream wool....

Momsteader- so productive and so cute! Especially the cutie under the comforter :)

#21 ·
Happy New Year everyone! I only just got all the pictures of my last projects from the random hard drive they got stuck on while we were traveling. I posted them in the last thread, if you wanna go look. I made it to 54 projects last year! My goal was 52. I think I'll stick with that goal this year, it was just reachable, and if I devote any more time to projects my housekeeping will fall from barely acceptable to hoarders level. I've gotten two quick projects done so far this year.

First, a new mei tai! My old one was pretty gross looking. 1/52

And I recovered my ironing board. My old cover was REALLY gross looking. And the pad was so flat, the mesh of the metal underneath kept getting ironed into my projects. It was such a quick project, I really should have done it sooner.

Before :p

After :)

2/52

#24 ·
Where would I find a pattern for making a mei tai? After seeing how much premade ones are, I just need to make one so I can carry my boys.

#25 ·
McCall's has one. It's not very good though. It is the pattern I started with, like 5 mei tais ago. The main change I made was to make the shoulder straps really wide, and pleated into the body, so that they would spread the weight out better. Then I cut off the bottom of the body, and replaced it with one really long waist strap, and put bum darts in above the strap. They are pretty simple to make, I'm thinking there must be a few tutorials on blogs somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.