Knitters, come on in! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 542 Old 08-24-2004, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
man, there are 27 pages of posts to catch up on! Haven't got much time now, but noticed this thread, so thought i'll just pop in too! My name is Michelle, and have recently been motivated to take up knitting because I want to be able to make wool soakers/shorts/longies for my 7.5month old son. So I am currently learning, can you just picture me being all thumbs with the needles??? I am obviously not comfortable yet, as i keep dropping stitches I sense there's much to learn. Probably not a good idea to have a wool soaker as a first wool project though, huh? Maybe a scarf?
#542 of 542 Old 08-24-2004, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I'm Debi...been knitting for around a year on and off now...still not comfortable purling. LOL But my mom just bought me some LTK patterns, and I am about halfway done with the easy peasy cardigan, and I swear it is a piece of cake!! I am knitting it for my baby due in Dec. with merino wool...it's so soft!! I can't wait to try the ribby wrap and the longies too!!

Speaking of the ribby wrap, anyone do this? I can not for the life of me figure out how I would slipt the last stitch of each row...how do you work it after that? The yarn is in the wrong place. LOL
Anyone want to help a gal out?

Oh, and I'm sorry I couldn't go back and read all of the pages of posts...too many. :LOL
Thanks ladies!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page