Which pattern do you prefer Fern and Faerie or LTK? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-24-2004, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have both patterns. The F+F pattern is easier, but they seem too long. The LTK pattern looks more like underwear. I haven't finished it yet, but it seems like it would be a better fit overall. Any way, does anybody have a favorite soaker pattern?
#2 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 09:35 AM

I like the LTK. I have the F&F on the way to me, and I've made 3 LTK soakers. I like the look of the LTK soakers better so I didn't order the F&F until this weekend. However, I'd like to do a soaker with stripes so I'm thinking maybe I'll do that with the F&F now that I've figured out basically how to make a soaker that fits ds well.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#3 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 10:22 AM

I originally bought the F&F pattern because I thought that LTK was knit flat rather than in the round. I thought this because my LTK soaker made by Theresa is knit flat (or at least I think it is, because there is a seam up the side, which doesn't seem to make sense unless it was knit flat). But then I found out that the pattern is for in the round, and I wish I had bought it when I bought a bunch of her other patterns.

I'm not terribly happy with the F&F pattern because I do think the soakers come out too long in the rise and I'm not sure how to fix it. But I do prefer the look of the F&F soaker to the look of the LTK just slightly (because of the different leg hole positioning). It's a mixed bag.

Karla
#4 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
I'm not terribly happy with the F&F pattern because I do think the soakers come out too long in the rise and I'm not sure how to fix it. But I do prefer the look of the F&F soaker to the look of the LTK just slightly (because of the different leg hole positioning). It's a mixed bag.
Karla.... I normally take off about 1 to 1 1/2" on the rise measurement on the F&F.

In answer to the original ?, I "cut my knitting teeth" on the LTK soaker, and I really like it.

I am now knitting and selling the F&F soaker, and I really like it, too.

I like both for their differences in appearance.

And with that, I am sure that was tremendously helpful.

I like the F&F because of the ability to knit up what you want in whatever yarn you want, and adjust accordingly. I am HORRID with gauge.... I know what I knit, and if I have a pattern that varies, then I am better off. But that doesn't mean that Theresa wouldn't help someone with a gauge question on her pattern, either.

#5 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 02:57 PM

Well, I have only done the LTK longies so I can't say for sure but the F&F pattern is SOOOO easy. I did 2 this weekend!

What I like about it is how you can change it around and it still works. I take off 2" from the directions (sometimes more, depending) and I don't do the rolled leg cuffs.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#6 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Okay...hmm, how do you take off 2" from the pattern? It seems like you would just not knit the two last inches right? And you would decrease more stitches in order to get the right amount to seam up the crotch? Please help me out? I'm knitting pattern challenged.
#7 of 7 Old 05-25-2004, 10:45 PM

If you want to decrease the rise on your finished soaker, just figure out how much shorter you want it to be, subtract that from your actual rise measurement, and use that adjusted number for the rise in your calculations.
I have a high rise built in because I like to have complete diaper coverage. Most of the shorter soakers I have used let the diaper peek out the top, and I didn't care for that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page