Cuddlebuns Preemie Size? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 05-27-2004, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just made first diaper yesterday! DH is sooo impressed, and I'm pretty happy with them too (if I do say so myself).

My only issue with them is they seem pretty darn big for a newborn baby. I used the Cuddlebuns pattern and modified it for the preemie size, but I didn't use unwashed flannel as stated in the directions. I used an old flannel receiving blanket for my first stab, and since it's not going to shrink, I think it's going to be too big.

It's a bit confusing to me that the alternative sizes are not published anywhere. I mean, the only fabric I can use for a preemie-size CB is flannel and then I should hope the shrinkage is right? :

Does anyone know the dimensions for a finished, shrunken, preemie-sized CB? Or, alternatively, does anyone know what diaper dimensions I should be aiming for to fit a 5-10 lb baby? (I'm guessing that after 10 lbs, I should be able to get away with using the regular size CB...)

Thanks so much for any ideas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page