2017 Project Tracker - Mothering Forums

17Likes

#1 of 77 Old 01-02-2017, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
2017 Project Tracker

Here is a place for 2017 to track all your projects!

NO PRESSURE this time (unless you want to put some on yourself this year)

Share your finished items, your ideas, possibly your hoarded stash??

What are your thoughts and plans for the new year?

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 77 Old 01-02-2017, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

My plan for 2017 is to simply work with my stash and NOT BUY more yarn. I have more than a years worth of yarn here and I do not need more yarn. This is a fact. I did splurge at the years end and get myself some lovely yarn at a couple local yarn stores for myself (why?? I have no idea- it was pretty and felt good in my hands lol).

I am working on 2 blankets that I don't have a time crunch for. I have yarn set aside for a shawl. No plans for anything else. Oh- wait, I did buy yarn specific for another blanket. My kid got me yarn for xmas. (enough for a blanket and shawl). That doesn't begin to inventory my stash. What can I say- I love yarn.

I really don't have a project goal. I have a spreadsheet that tracks the yarn used and cost etc. So I tend to get a bit anal about the number of skeins LOL.

I'm also trying a 'no buy' year for 2017, which obviously includes yarn.

The next events that might possibly need presents for are either Easter OR my niece and nephew bdays (b'days are end of March/beginning of April and Easter is mid-april). They will be 2 and 4. Or I may not send hand made items this time and go with amazon for everything. That is followed by Mothers day, again depending on my mood she may get a shawl or a gift card.
mamapigeon likes this.

#3 of 77 Old 01-02-2017, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would like to do 26 projects this year. 1 every other week. I'm also going back to school, and I will also be working, so I want to be realistic.

I will probably make some jewelry with supplies I already own, but my real goal is to improve my sewing skills. It would be nice to make more of my presents this year. Money is tight.

Cancer-beating, single mama to
DS (5-11) and
DD (8-13). Tomorrow is a new day.

(4-09)
(5-12)

#4 of 77 Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
I don't have a number goal this year. I have (as always) lots of projects in mind and no doubt more will make themselves known as the year progresses :-)

This is my list so far...

1. Quilt for my newest nephew
2. Quilt for my ?granddaughter, due mid-year.
3. Curtains for DD2's room. I bought all the fabric and notions yesterday so I'm excited about starting these.
4. A big cushion for each of the girls rooms to match their curtains.
5. Needle-felted standing dolls for our nature table - spring, summer and autumn (I have a winter already).
6. Some bendy dolls for the nature table. Maybe mermaids and something autumnish.
7. A Christmas wreath. My current plan is crochet leaves, flowers etc on a cane wreath.

I also have some unfinished projects from 2016: the crochet mandala blankets I've paused because it's too hot to crochet woollen blankets and a pair of tiny dolls steiner dolls which were set aside when Christmas took over.

Looking forward to seeing/reading about everyone's projects this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#5 of 77 Old 01-10-2017, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I am making excellent progress on finishing this first blanket. 11 skeins almost gone and I hope to finish tonight or Weds. I have the next half finished blanket waiting and the yarn wound. 10 skeins there. I think I'm going to keep both of these for ME and start 2017 being greedy. I'm using Madeline Tosh yarn so I'm allowed to be snooty and greedy.

#6 of 77 Old 01-12-2017, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to remodel our living room with old furniture from my grand grand parents and some material I still have at home. I'm curious and I'm looking forward to a year of DIY
#7 of 77 Old 01-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I am learning how to sew

My projects sewing projects

Curtains for the living room and bedrooms -5 total
Couch cushions covers for my very damaged and ugly pillows -6 total
Hanging baskets for the hallway for the kids winter stuff like hats and mittens etc -2 total
I bought my first pattern for my crochet and knitting stuff (tote bag, yarn ball holder etc) - 5 pieces total
Couch covers to help protect my sectional couch ( not sure if I will be able to do this as I think its an advance project)

My knitting Projects (still learning )

Mitten, hat and scarf matching - 4 members- 12 pieces

My crochet Project

Granny Square blanket - one

I would like to complete in the next 6-8 months
#8 of 77 Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Administrator

First sewing project, and one completed. Used from leftover fabric that a family member had.

I love sewing so relaxing

Can't wait to see all your projects
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	myfirstsewingproject.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	48338  

#9 of 77 Old 01-15-2017, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

1. madeline tosh blanket 11 skeins

#10 of 77 Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 AM

1. Curtains for DD1. This project has dragged on and on, I am very happy it's finished. And DD1 loves her new curtains.

2. A new school bag for DD1. Finished a week before school starts!

Next are new skirts for them to wear on the first day.

#11 of 77 Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Administrator

One couch cushion done - I went to the scrap bin/ end of roll at the fabric store and only cost me $3.00 for the material. I also got to practice adding a zipper
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15941427_10154079383621681_3401189962993843151_n (1).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	48410  

#12 of 77 Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 PM

1. Curtains for DD1.

2. New school bag for DD1.

3. School skirt for DD2.

4. School skirt for DD1.

#13 of 77 Old 01-18-2017, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Planning to go to yarn club later today and give away 2 skeins of yarn that I'm never going to use (lace weight).
I'm steadily working on 2 more blankets and those will use up a number of skeins. The weather is still 'winter' here so blankets are good to make. I'm saving smaller projects for the summer which is hot, long and brutal.

#14 of 77 Old 01-23-2017, 12:14 PM

1. Curtains for DD1.

2. New school bag for DD1.

3. School skirt for DD2.

4. School skirt for DD1.

5. New school bag for DD2.

#15 of 77 Old 01-24-2017, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
my plan this year is to complete projects for myself a bit more ... i 've had 3 tops "on the go" which i tended to drop when i had more health issues ... because it required me to THINK too much ...

now, during my hospital stay last October, the head nurse of the preemie section passed out a message (after i inquired via the head nurse on my floor) that they have had enough preemie knitted hats & would actually have more use of baby blanket (which i crochet, so it's easier for me than preemie hats, if longer) ... AND i already have completed a few to give for the next few months ... so i need a break from those baby blanket (it feels too much like a compulsion at times ....)

lately I also sewed 4 square pouches with crocheted very long straps in which to put blood vials from the drains & gave them one at time at each of my last treatments & they even lend them to ladies being discharged (i printed "gyneco" on both side so people remember to bring them back to the hospital !!!) but they have enough with 4 and 2 weeks ago was the last of my treatments = time to pass on to something else ... transitions are not easy for me ...

Last week i knitted a hat for DH with double yarn so that it would be warmer than what we had (in the colors he finds acceptable to go to work & ... similar to the colors of the scarf i knitted him for Christmas ...)

I got some cotton thread in brown and yellow and am going to crochet some more pot holders in the shape of a sunflower ... am going to visit relatives next months & some of the yound people have their own home now .... that way, when i visit, i'll feel "at home" lol ...

AND get round to finishing these 3 projects for myself too ... (but the pot holders are easier to work on when spending time at the school gate by the park whilst DD2 plays with friends after school ...)
#16 of 77 Old 01-29-2017, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

My goals for February are to finish the 2 blankets I have in progress. Should be easily do-able. After February the weather starts to get HOT here and I don't want unfinished blankets sitting around this year. They both are more than 1/2 done and one is almost done.

#17 of 77 Old 01-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Administrator

My projects are on hold...I broke my sewing machine

It was my mom's Singer 534 she purchased back in 1977 and it is in great shape but I am learning and I broke the tension dial - I think I was not threading it properly.

I am getting repaired from the same person who as been servicing it for her since she bought it.
#18 of 77 Old 01-31-2017, 01:22 PM

Oh dear. I hope it is mended soon. My sewing machine has been in hospital a couple of times in the last twelve months too. I try to catch up on hand work while it's away.

#19 of 77 Old 02-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
Oh dear. I hope it is mended soon. My sewing machine has been in hospital a couple of times in the last twelve months too. I try to catch up on hand work while it's away.

Thanks. I hope it's fixable but I was just sad as I bearly got to use it. I wanted to hem some of the kid's clothes
#20 of 77 Old 02-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Administrator

My sewing machine is fixed so I will be picking it up over the weekend, and looking forward to getting back on track for my projects.

I haven't been motivated much to crochet- Maybe because I have 6 projects from last year I am still working on, and been very busy with the kids that I am in bed 30mins after they go to sleep
#21 of 77 Old 02-05-2017, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I finished the blanket... its beautiful and lovely and IM KEEPING IT

2. madeline tosh blanket 8 skiens

I have one more blanket to finish- 10 skeins for that one total. The weather is warming up so I need to get working lol.
katelove, StillMe and VsAngela like this.

#22 of 77 Old 02-06-2017, 04:18 AM

have finished one of the 3 tops on the go (just 1 inch extra side seam under each arm)
and have been wearing it for a few days (it's sleeveless)

nearly finished my first crocheted sunflower pot holder

last night i re-worked (hand sewing) a head band for my dance costume

have crocheted nearly all the two tones border i need for the over-skirt & need to sew that on

worked a bit on the top of a front for the green top on the go last Saturday (someone invited us for a "stitch and bitch" afternoon)

right now, i need to work a bit more on tidying up (spent 2 hours cleaning this morning ... i resented that time being spent that way ... wished i could have use it for needlework !!!)
VsAngela likes this.
#23 of 77 Old 02-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Administrator

All sewing projects are going to be erased, after just getting my sewing machine fixed the tension dial is not working again. Going to take a year to save for a new one - 2018 will have more sewing dreams

Going to add some more crochet and knitting projects
#24 of 77 Old 02-08-2017, 12:30 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :-(

VsAngela likes this.

#25 of 77 Old 02-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :-(

Good news it wasn't broken, it was just me. My Mom stopped and looked at it before she left

Still putting it on hold - I need some sewing lessons as my mom is not around to teach me...She is a sewing genius but she lives very far away.
#26 of 77 Old 02-12-2017, 08:03 AM

finished the front of the green top & started on the back, i knit 8 cm of rib 3/3, now at a standstill, cannot decide which color to proceed with (either plain ... or a repeat of the checkerboard pattern of the front, at a different scale ...)

got myself a second walking retractable walking pole yesterday so i used some left over fabric to make a long narrow bag to transport both of them (... for when they stick out of the top side of my back pack !)

was looking for odd ends and un-earthed another unfinished projects (a nearly finished hat with nordic type of color patterns ..)
will try to have a go at it tonight (travelling tomorrow, suitcase not started ... but would quite like to wear it tomorrow !!!)
katelove likes this.

Last edited by IsaFrench; 02-12-2017 at 06:50 PM.
#27 of 77 Old 02-12-2017, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

3. madeline tosh blanket 10 skeins

finished the last of the blankets I had going this afternoon. winter is just about over so I'm going to look for projects that require less yardage

I may make my niece a poncho and i have a shawl started.
katelove likes this.

#28 of 77 Old 02-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
3. madeline tosh blanket 10 skeins

finished the last of the blankets I had going this afternoon. winter is just about over so I'm going to look for projects that require less yardage

I may make my niece a poncho and i have a shawl started.
Do you have any pictures to share? I love the inspiration as I am lacking right now
#29 of 77 Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 PM

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

my favorite/easiest pattern is one giant granny square (for a baby blanket) because there's no need to sew parts together ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00642.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	703.9 KB
ID:	48770  

Name:	DSC00641.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	722.0 KB
ID:	48778  

Name:	DSC00643.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	626.3 KB
ID:	48786  

Name:	DSC00707.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	568.1 KB
ID:	48794  

#30 of 77 Old 02-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post
DSC00642.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

my favorite/easiest pattern is one giant granny square (for a baby blanket) because there's no need to sew parts together ....
Those are amazing -

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page