Mothering Forum banner

Holiday Crafting 2017!!

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  cellinio 
#1 · (Edited)
Well

#2 ·
I am working on tea cosies for the teacher presents this year. (I posted the fairy house one I did earlier this year in the project tracker thread.)I discovered that DD1's teacher's wife would love one so I decided to do them for all the teachers. So that means i need to do three. I done the main part of the first one. I'll do the other two and then do the decorations all at once I think. It's too depressing to completely finish one and then have to start from scratch again.

I'm going to make Christmas dresses for the Australian Girl dolls and, probably, the Lottie dolls as well. So that four dresses.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I've been pinning felt Christmas decorations on Pinterest so I might do some of those...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi there,
Not much crafting happening this year for the holiday season, but I plan on making a couple of dresses for DD's doll, and I'll probably help the kids make something for their teachers and the grandparents. I'd love to have a holiday where all of the gifts are handmade, but I'm glad to be at a place with realistic expectations for myself.

#4 ·
I am plugging away at the tea cosies. I have nearly finished the body of the second one. I plan to do all three and then start the embellishments. They are going faster than I expected but it will be too hot to knit/crochet soon.

I need to decide what/if I am going to make things for the girls and get on with it. I will probably make a duffle bag for my nephew as everyone else has one but we are all going away for the weekend at the beginning of December so I’ll probably give it to him then.

I caught up with a friend who is a fellow school mum yesterday and she suggested we get together for some crafting before Christmas so you might make some decorations or something.

#5 ·
My handmade items are fabric backpacks and bags. I'm ready with Christmas and New Year gift bags, and I plan to make some bags for sportsuits, shoes anf another stuff to every member of my family (it will be their New Year presents). Of course, I have a lot of plans about diffetent useful stuff as holiday gifts. Also my son has got his birthday on 1 January, that's why I need to make and to buy lots of presents :)

#6 ·
I am working hard on the tea cosies. Two of them need to be finished by next Monday as the class carer wants all the gifts by then so she can make up baskets .

After that I will start sewing. DD2 wants some dolls clothes and I am making them each a set of scrubs like DH wears. DH has got them each a stethoscope and tendon hammer and we have bought tickets to a live show based on a TV program they like called Operation Ouch.

I need to make something for their Sunday School teachers as well but I have no idea what.

And I’d like to make some felt ornaments if time permits.

#7 ·
Absolutely! Maybe we will inspire other people for next year [emoji23]

I've never made something for someone I didn't like but I certainly find it difficult to work with fabrics or yarn I don't like.

I am still plugging away at the tea cosies. Two of them need to be finished by Monday but I'll try and get all three done. I just need to make two mushrooms and three snails and sew on the final little embellishments.

#8 ·
congratulation on your finishing & boxing ready for shipping !

i would have joined you this year ... except i'm spending less time feeling low due to medical treatments of various sorts AND i decided to stop "self-medicating with an orgy of crochet whenever some emotional disturbance i don't see coming in the open but cannot escape due to ultra sensitivity of some sort" and try to sleep more at night ...

so that translated as far fewer made and donated items this year ... last one was a baby blanket for pregnant dentist (started during summer holiday, given in october before she stopped coming to work ...)

my craft endeavour these days is to try and finish all the various items i've put aside .. these last few years ... mostly for me ...am trying to reverse my impulse to do things for others first ... so it does feel a bit weird posting after all the lists of things you've made to donate ...

last week, i finish two round cheesecloth jar covers (with bias, first half on the sewing machine, second half by hand)
started reworking a head fake flowers garland which i plan to wear this coming Saturday at a tribal dance demonstration for some sort of charity drive

#10 ·
Well done! My sewing machine died. I have a new one but I need to set it up and work out how to use it so I'm a bit behind but should be all good.

I'd like a craft thread for 2018 as well, even if it is just the three of us [emoji12]

#11 ·
the head fake flower headband was not needed on that Saturday (due to no time to change costume after the first dance) ... so that is still a work in progress for now ...
tomorrow i'm going to sort out remnants from deep storage boxes and will have to make decisions about ... not hanging on to bits and pieces i'm realistically very unlikely to tackle or need or finish ...

#12 ·
I finished Christmas skirts for the girls this morning. There was some nice, glittery ribbon on special at my local craft shop so I tizzed them up with that.

I have finished one set of scrubs and started on the second set but they came home from the water park while I was out buying more elastic so that is on hold for now.

#14 ·
Ha ! ... i should keep a log of all the "avoidance strategies" and various excuses i keep finding

... yes, woke up during the night to take a sip of water ... & stumbled upon towers of boxes on my way to the kitchen & restroom !

so yesterday evening excuses were finding ski gear to lend to a friend from cellar, bringing it over, accepting a bit of alcool, then drinking the refill i didn't ask for, then staying a bit too long, then tackling some paperwork once back home INSTEAD of addressing the boxes before going to bed !!!
& then, maybe i could keep a sense of humour when teens do come up with what i consider as ... poor excuses for avoidance strategies when i wish they would tackle some sort of administrative tasks instead of relying on Mom to do it !!!

#17 ·
hoverboard

I am gonna buy a hoverboard as a gift for my 8 year-old toddler boy, I think it is a cool lifestyle and good for his body`s coordinated development. I am looking for one around $200, and the Razor is said to be good. If you are considering about a wellness, the collection of top cheap hoverboard in Amazon is what I keep and which may do you some help.

Top cheap hoverboard on Amazon->> www.cfone.net/10-top-cheap-hoverboards-buyer-guide-in-2018.html

Moreover, the article of best hoverboard considerations will help us figure out what the best one should be->> www.cfone.net/how-to-buy-the-best-cheap-hoverboard.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.