How much does an 18" Waldorf doll weigh? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this is a strange question! I bought the kit from Joy to make the 5 8" Lovey dolls and was planning to wait to get the bigger doll until Maya was older. Unfortunately, she is trying to lug around a doll we were given by my younger cousin. It is much like a Bitty Baby (American Girl Dolls) but since Maya is 13 months it is far too heavy for her. My husband hates it anyway because he doesn't like real looking dolls. I am just trying to justify buying the kit for the larger doll by telling my husband that is weighs much less than this plastic thing! It is really very pathetic to see her trying to pull this around the house and hear her grunting. Thanks for any help. One last question - what are the companies out there that sell the patterns for the bigger dolls (I know there are 2 popular ones but didn't know of any others).
#2 of 3 Old 07-12-2004, 04:54 PM

Great question! I'd love to know the answer. Maybe e-mail Joy and ask if you don't get any answers here.
#3 of 3 Old 07-12-2004, 06:55 PM

I would think it would weigh much less because it's made with natural materials, and stuffed with wool - not made of hard heavy plastic! I got a kit for a 16" doll from Magic Cabin and it weighs next to nothing. OK, I put it on my kitchen scale and it weighs less than a pound, about .75 lb.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page